MobleSync - hit or miss

Take your Zimbra with you!
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

MobleSync - hit or miss

Post by gmsmith »

I just upgraded a RHEL install this weekend to 4.0RC1, I have found that it doesn't always sync my email on my Treo 700p consistantly. For example, this morning, I work up, clicked Sync and it downloaded nothing (which is very odd). I logged on to my computer and I had about 15 messages. Then today, I was out and about, checking my email...no issue...then about 2 hours into my out of the office time it stopped getting any new mail. I figured it was possible that I didn't get any email, but when I got back to my office, I had about 10 emails (from that time period). Is this a known issue in the pre-release, I didn't see anything in bugzilla.
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

MobleSync - hit or miss

Post by dkarp »

Zimbra Mobile is certified with the Treo 650 and 700w. Other variants of the 700 haven't been certified, so you're on your own with them for now.
If you're carrying a 700w, please ping support and help us track down the issue. We've got a number of internal users with 650s and 700ws, and none have seen anything similar to the problems you're reporting.
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

MobleSync - hit or miss

Post by gmsmith »

Actually the Zimbra Mobile page says there is support for the 700 w/p
http://zimbra.com/products/zimbra_mobile.html
Rick Baker
Advanced member
Advanced member

MobleSync - hit or miss

Post by Rick Baker »

I too am having hit and miss syncing of calendar events. Works great on the 650. Versamail is 3.01 on the 650. 3.5 on the 700p. This was the first 700p in our office. I have demo 700p I will try at home tonight.
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

MobleSync - hit or miss

Post by gmsmith »

[quote user="Rick Baker"]I too am having hit and miss syncing of calendar events. Works great on the 650. Versamail is 3.01 on the 650. 3.5 on the 700p. This was the first 700p in our office. I have demo 700p I will try at home tonight.[/QUOTE]
Be sure you are running are production release of 4.0, there was an issue in the 3.2 beta release (maybe those have expired by now?). Since 4.0 has been released I have not had a single problem that wasn't user caused (item placed on the wrong calendar).
Rick Baker
Advanced member
Advanced member

MobleSync - hit or miss

Post by Rick Baker »

[quote user="gmsmith"]Be sure you are running are production release of 4.0, there was an issue in the 3.2 beta release (maybe those have expired by now?). Since 4.0 has been released I have not had a single problem that wasn't user caused (item placed on the wrong calendar).[/QUOTE]
I'm running 4.03. Still testing although it seems to be ok on this 700p.
Rick Baker
Advanced member
Advanced member

MobleSync - hit or miss

Post by Rick Baker »

Versamail is working great on a demo Treo 700P. Must be some corruption of the Versamail on the other phone.