About the zimbra mobile.

Take your Zimbra with you!
russgalleywood
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

About the zimbra mobile.

Post by russgalleywood »

I just can't justify that for two User! It would be nice as I said previously, for one or two Users but not for that cost!
Have a think about your pricing becuase you are pricing out many smaller companies with your pricing structure.
We have gone for the Network edition and Zimbra is an excellent product, dare I say, the best OSS product I have yet come across but it is a bit too expensive!
Yes, I know about all the hard work that has gone into it, you can tell it has clearly, but surely a better pricing structure for 'smaller' Users would bring in more cash wouldn't it?
Keep up the good work!
Russ
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

About the zimbra mobile.

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="russgalleywood"]Yes, I know about all the hard work that has gone into it, you can tell it has clearly, but surely a better pricing structure for 'smaller' Users would bring in more cash wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]
Not to get into a biz model debate but we have fixed costs in support, finance, etc that are occur for each deal. We'd love to sell single user licenses but at this time it's most cost effective to allow our hosting providers to do this. Take a look at the hosting providers page. A few of them offer single user accounts.
jrobb

About the zimbra mobile.

Post by jrobb »

[quote user="russgalleywood"]I just can't justify that for two User! It would be nice as I said previously, for one or two Users but not for that cost![/QUOTE]
Thank you for the posts. Kevin is right that we are trying to be careful about managing the support set up costs associated with smaller deployments. We understand your feedback and we will take it into strong consideration going forward. We have some ideas of how to address this particular need and hopefully we can make some changes with an upcoming product release. Thank you again for the feedback.
russgalleywood
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

About the zimbra mobile.

Post by russgalleywood »

Thanks guys
skwdenyer

About the zimbra mobile.

Post by skwdenyer »

[quote user="jrobb"][quote user="russgalleywood"]I just can't justify that for two User! It would be nice as I said previously, for one or two Users but not for that cost!
Thank you for the posts. Kevin is right that we are trying to be careful about managing the support set up costs associated with smaller deployments. We understand your feedback and we will take it into strong consideration going forward. We have some ideas of how to address this particular need and hopefully we can make some changes with an upcoming product release. Thank you again for the feedback.[/QUOTE]
OK, then how about a simple "click to buy an unsupported license" option? Essentially the OSS support model, but with the extra features included? I'm sorry, but I don't see how there are any fixed per-deal costs in generating licence codes using a bit of back-office code. Microsoft don't provide any real support for a single installation of software without a charge, so this isn't exactly an unreasonable approach!
If, on the other hand, you are intentionally trying to create a business for your hosted-app customers for small installations, please just tell us this:-)
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

About the zimbra mobile.

Post by 14319KevinH »

To be honest our back-office is not automated enough yet to provide this type of web sale; supported or unsupported. It's something we'd like to get to but at this time our hosting partners are better suited to handle the small transaction deals. It's not that we are trying to force this but it's just a matter or internal resources and it's something we hope to get to eventually.
Thanks for understanding.