Zimbra Mobile calendar bug [SOLVED]

Take your Zimbra with you!
millburn

Post by millburn »

Using Zimbra Mobile with Treo 650 set to Active sync. All works well except for the following:
For appointments created on the Treo and then synced back to Zimbra:
Case 1) Appointment is edited on the treo after the sync (time changed) and resynced. Appt appears twice on Zimbra, once at the orig time, once at the new time.
Case 2) Appt is edited on Zimbra after the sync (Time changed) and resynced. When opened on Zimbra, the time appears -3 hrs. In other words, it's showing @ 5:00 pm on the display calendar, when I open it, the time shows 2:00 pm.
Case 2a) If I elect not to save the entry, it shows up at 2:00 pm, but is restored to 5:00 pm when I hit "refresh"
Case 2b) If I save the appointment, either at 2:00 pm, as defaulted, or any other time, the appt. appears twice ont he Treo after sync. Once at 5:00, once at 2:00. Thereafter, the new appt. behaves as if it had been created on the Zimbra interface (all manipulation by the Treo and by the web interface beahve as expected), but the old appt (the one at 5:00 is orphaned on the Treo and must be manually deleted.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Have you checked in bugzilla to see if these problems have already been reported? I suggest dropping an email to support@zimbra.com to report these problems if they're not already in bugzilla I'm assuming this is a Network Edition installed?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
millburn

Post by millburn »

I did search through bugzilla and found nothing relevant, although it could be a problem with my search terms.
I also filed a support request with Zimbra yesterday but haven't heard back from them yet. I was posting here in hopes that someone has encountered this and may have already discovered a workaround. Unfortunately, telling the suits they just shouldn't create appointments on their palm isn't going to work.
And yes, this is in the Network Edition.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

OK, I'm never sure if people have done a search or reported it first.
Have you tried deleting/recreating the profile and doing a full sync again? Does the problem occur for all your Treo users or is it one specific account?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Post by dkarp »

This is almost certainly bug 10350, fixed in 4.0.2.
millburn

Post by millburn »

It's not letting me view that bug for some reason. Can you tell me the gist of it?
Also, approximately when will 4.0.2 be GA? Just to give the high-ups an idea.
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Post by dkarp »

[quote user="millburn"]It's not letting me view that bug for some reason. Can you tell me the gist of it?[/QUOTE]

We need to return ServerId in the case of Add. We were not doing

that and therefore when the server updates an item originally from

client, the client thinks it's a new item.
millburn

Post by millburn »

Installed 4.0.2 and this problem was fixed. Thanks.