iPhone?

Take your Zimbra with you!
1230zaf
Advanced member
Advanced member

iPhone?

Post by 1230zaf »

I guess I'll be the first to ask:
Has Zimbra gotten their hands on an iPhone yet? Any idea how it will integrate with Zimbra Mobile? It's apparently running OSX, so will it be iCal sync?
keithop
Advanced member
Advanced member

iPhone?

Post by keithop »

[quote user="1230zaf"]I guess I'll be the first to ask:
Has Zimbra gotten their hands on an iPhone yet? Any idea how it will integrate with Zimbra Mobile? It's apparently running OSX, so will it be iCal sync?[/QUOTE]
I was going to ask too ;) "push imap" so they say..... any chance?
jrobb

iPhone?

Post by jrobb »

We are all still gathering data on the device and we have been chatting with Apple. At a minimum, we will support IMAP and tethered sync via the Zimbra Connector for Apple iSync. Please post any good specs that you see on the device and we can look at other ways to sync to the device.
12237Dirk
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

iPhone?

Post by 12237Dirk »

I watched and enjoyed the keynote speech and figured that if it supports IMAP, then it'll work just fine with Zimbra email, no mention of how it read calendar data was given though.
I dont want to speculate on a device that I cant buy yet, but I'd really like it if Zimbra was fully compatible with this thing - I think it's reasonably obvious that the device will be popular. We have people in work wanting IPaq's so they can see their email and calendar's (I got the email working easy, I gave up on the calendar) so if Zimbra make the iPhone work fully (in the OSS version) then I personally would be a very happy guy :)
keithop
Advanced member
Advanced member

iPhone?

Post by keithop »

[quote user="jrobb"]We are all still gathering data on the device and we have been chatting with Apple. At a minimum, we will support IMAP and tethered sync via the Zimbra Connector for Apple iSync. Please post any good specs that you see on the device and we can look at other ways to sync to the device.[/QUOTE]
yep fully accept it's stupidly early days at the moment....
ideally of course we want over the air syncing with zimbra mobile (no idea what it will have on it to support that) and push email (push imap I guess is their answer there) ;-) then we have a great advantage for Apple users who will almost certainly want this phone rather than the MS equivalents
1739miguel
Advanced member
Advanced member

iPhone?

Post by 1739miguel »

All we want that beauty to sync with zimbra mobile, it would not just be a fun and charming phone.. It would be a very useful tool at a reasonable price.. Let's wait, I'll buy one if it syncs.
Cheers
1230zaf
Advanced member
Advanced member

iPhone?

Post by 1230zaf »

Seems to me that the Zimbra team should have been on the list for an advance unit so they can begin testing on it.
Although, the rumors I've been hearing since the keynote about lack of development flexibility seems troubling.
mcevoys
Advanced member
Advanced member

iPhone?

Post by mcevoys »

>>so if Zimbra make the iPhone work fully (in the OSS version)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Zimbra Mobile is NE only, and I'd expect that any iPhone capability more than plain ol' IMAP would be NE, no?
MooktaKiNG

iPhone?

Post by MooktaKiNG »

I think it would be a great idea to be the "first" to provide sync with iPhone.

It would promote Zimbra even more if its available in the opensource version.

Especially since it uses the standard technology like IMAP, i don't think it would require anything custom (maybe).
A great way to get people to read about Zimbra. Any Apple product news sells like hot cakes in news websites. So Zimbra support would go well ;)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

iPhone?

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="MooktaKiNG"]A great way to get people to read about Zimbra.[/QUOTE]They already can and the phone isn't even released yet.:rolleyes:
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra