Does Zimbra Activesync work with the Blackberry Z10?

Take your Zimbra with you!
bgodbolt

Post by bgodbolt »

We are thinking of buying some blackberry z10s, but I would like to know for sure if push email will work using zimbra activesync. Does anyone have experience with this?
I apoligize in advance if this question has already been asked. I didn't see anything on google or in the forums.
mkozak

Post by mkozak »

We bought a few z10's for testing the other day, so far we setup a BES10 server which is working fine with sending and receiving emails. The problem we're having now is with deleting emails not going to the trash.
bgodbolt

Post by bgodbolt »

Thanks for the response. That's good to know. However, I was particularly curious about whether the new Z10 worked with Activesync. It isn't really feasible for us to buy BES so it only makes sense to get a blackberry if it will be compatible with zimbra using active sync. Has anyone tried yet?
cavj1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cavj1 »

I have not tried it yet but I've been speaking with Notify Technologies and they say they can do Active Sync on a BB and have worked with Zimbra for 10+ years. I just signed the trial paperwork and should be able to update its use with a 9930 in a few days. I pasted the contact number of who I've been speaking with below.
J. Scott Walker | Regional Sales Manager | Notify Technology
408.777.7923 (o) | 408-314.3062 (m) | swalker "at" notifycorp.com
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Post by lytledd »

I'd suggest modifying the above post and not put his email address there. SPAM bots will pick it up. Maybe use swalker AT notifycorp DOT com
Doug
1739miguel
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 1739miguel »

Hello,
We have a BlackBerry Z10 user who can't sync via active sync.
We get the error:
[name$

com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncException: com.zimbra.zimbrasync.wbxml.BinaryCodecException: expected: START_TAG {AirSync}Class; got: START_TAG {AirSync}SyncKey

at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncServlet.parseRequest(ZimbraSyncServlet.java:599)

at com.zimbra.zimbrasync.ZimbraSyncServlet.processCommand(ZimbraSyncServlet.java:577)
Brad_C
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Brad_C »

We have one BB10 user on 7.2.2 with direct active sync (no BES) and it works well for him so far. (only been a month though).
245centrex
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 245centrex »

[quote user="Brad_C"]We have one BB10 user on 7.2.2 with direct active sync (no BES) and it works well for him so far. (only been a month though).[/QUOTE]
We are testing it with ZCS 8.0.4 and Q10 devices running BB 10.1 firmware. It works perfectly for push mail, contacts, calendar.
*But* (and this is a huge deal), it kills the devices :D
They go through an entire battery in 4 hours and the devices are constantly running hot. Removing the Zimbra Activesync account from the devices instantly returns them to normal battery consumption and they no longer run hot.
I will make a separate thread about this to get some ideas on how to best troubleshoot this so that I can open a more productive support ticket with Zimbra.