[SOLVED] TouchDown Problems

Take your Zimbra with you!
2245jce

Post by 2245jce »

Hello,
I'm testing mobile access for a new install of Zimbra NE 8. I'm using TouchDown, which works fine with our Exchange server. Email syncs fine, but I get nothing for the calendar... Is there anything I need to do or should check for the calendar?
Thanks,

Josh
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I'm using Touchdown 8.2.00002b (a Beta version) and I don't have any problems doing a sync with my Email, Contacts, Calendar & Tasks on a ZCS 8.0.3 NE server - I've never had any problems with either Touchdown or ZCS adn I've been using Touchdown for about thirty months. Try producing a debug log in Touchdown and see if you can spot any inconsistencies and maybe post on the TD support group.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
2245jce

Post by 2245jce »

I'm using 8.1.00052. I didn't see anything obvious in the "diagnostic log" about calendar syncing. I'll see if TD can help...
bhellman

Post by bhellman »

I'm having the same issue... calendar invites just show up blank, in touchdown or in the stock android email application. Where do I get the beta for touchdown, not being able to accept/decline, or even see the appointments on my phone makes it pretty worthless. Wondering if VMWare did something to make it only work on their app... have trouble dishing out 10 bucks for something I'm already paying money for as a customer of Zimbra/VMware. This used to work on Zimbra 6.x not on 8.x
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="bhellman"]Where do I get the beta for touchdown,...[/QUOTE]You could always look at the Touchdown Support page or their newsgroup but...
[quote user="bhellman"">http://tinyurl.com/tdbetadroid
[quote user="bhellman"] Wondering if VMWare did something to make it only work on their app... [/QUOTE]Neither VMware or Zimbra do ridiculous thing like that.
[quote user="bhellman"]...have trouble dishing out 10 bucks for something I'm already paying money for as a customer of Zimbra/VMware.[/QUOTE]FWIW, VMware no longer has anything to do with Zimbra. ;)
[quote user="bhellman"]This used to work on Zimbra 6.x not on 8.x[/QUOTE]It works on my ZCS 8.x & Touchdown.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
bhellman

Post by bhellman »

Hey Bill...
Thanks for the reply! Perhaps there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing then? I filled a ticket out with TouchDown and after providing the info they wanted, they said that the invite wasn't being attached to the email. I've tried TouchDown, the Native Android client, and Even the VMWare one (which I refunded after it didn't work), but none worked. Do you have any clue as to why invites wouldn't contain an actual invite? The odd thing is if I go into the Zimbra Web UI I can accept/decline there, just not on my phone which is where I need it the most!
thanks,

B
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

There is no particular setting that needs to be changed. I'm using ZCS 8.0.5 NE (it also works on an OSS 8.0.5 version), I just create an appointment and add an attendee then save it. The invite arrives in my inbox correctly formatted and shows on my Android phone which currently has the Touchdown 8.2.00094b installed and I see the invites without problems. I can't really say why it's not working for you, the only think I can suggest is update to the current version of ZCS if you're not on it and if it still isn't working the file a bug report in bugzilla.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
2245jce

Post by 2245jce »

The problem was that I didn't have my calendar "folder" selected so TouchDown didn't download the events.
bhellman

Post by bhellman »

The fix for me was to have our Admin upgrade to 8.0.5, I can now accept, decline, reply to invites on my phone again!