zimbra 8.5 android forced pin lock

Take your Zimbra with you!
shriram.sampat

Post by shriram.sampat »

Hello Everyone,
I am trying out the mobile sync feature in 8.5.1 network edition and am having problems in forced pin for android screen lock.
The "force pin" option for an user is not available in 8.5.1 admin console, as described in administrator guide.
Under "Zimbra Mobile" settings for an user account  (from admin console):
1. Unchecking "Require Password", still enforces only pin/password lock.
2. Even if i uncheck  "Enable Mobile Policy" , still unable to set anything other than pin/password lock. I guess this is because once a security policy with pin protect is setup, another policy update that removes it is required.
Has any one overcome this limitation ?
Is it possible to remove the security policy in android after removing zimbra activesync account ? Because I am stuck with only pin/password lock option now in my phone.
Thanks in advance
Ram
shriram.sampat

Post by shriram.sampat »

Hi,

I am describing what worked for me, in case someone else stumbles upon this problem.

Once you sync your device with "Require Password", you have to perform the following steps to disable this policy or apply the new policy in your device.

1. Remove account by going through settings->security->device administrators -> uncheck and delete activesync account

2. Clear all certificates under settings->security

3. Restart device

4. Now do the policy change in server - example : uncheck "Require Password" in admin console for that user or in cos and save settings.

5. Add exchange account again in your phone, which should use the new security policy from zimbra server.

Ram