iOS device and shared account sending

Take your Zimbra with you!
Paladinemishakal

Post by Paladinemishakal »

Hi All,

I am running Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.6.0_P1. Due to work requirement, my company practise the sharing of email account base on project. The project email is granted full access to the member of the project team and an user can have multiple project email accounts shared to him/her.

Issue is that with the prevalence of mobile device and having to work on the go, we have bump into this issue.
Example of an user account with multiple project email accounts shared:
UserA mailbox
- Inbox
- Sent
- Drafts
- Junk
--- Project01 mailbox
----- Inbox
----- Sent
----- Drafts
----- Junk
--- Project02 mailbox
----- Inbox
----- Sent
----- Drafts
----- Junk

The issue we face is that when the user have an iOS device and he configure his account on the iPhone/iPad, even though on the "advanced setting", we have specifically select the sent mails to be saved into the UserA's mailbox's Sent folder, the iOS device is ignoring that. Instead it will random fix to save the sent mails to one of the Sent folder.
In my test scenarios, the emails are saved to the Project01's Sent folder and if I choose to remove Project01 shared account, the iOS will then move on to another Project mailbox Sent folder. I have tried to create another folder named iOS-Sent and set in the iOS device, still the iOS device will ignore it and save to the project mailbox Sent folder.
Has anyone have this issue and how do I resolve it?
For now, the only way to workaround this issue is to unmount the shared account but this is not ideal.

Thanks & Regards.
jimorin

Post by jimorin »

Hi,

I know the post is a bit old, but I have the same problem with the sent and trash folders being replaced by the shared ones in iOS Mail.

I found a work around to make sure iOS Mail use the sent and trash folder of the main account and not the shared folder sent and trash.

The shared account have to be mounted under the Inbox folder.

zmmailbox -z -m parentaccount@yourdomain.com cm /Inbox/childaccountfolder childaccount@yourdomain.com /

Mounted anywhere else iOS Mail use the sent and trash folder of the shared account instead of the main account.