Error, upgrading from 8.07 to 8.7. Unable to create a successful TLS connection to the ldap masters

Forum to discuss, report issues, or provide feedback about Zimbra Suite Plus Installation or Upgrade
manowar

Error, upgrading from 8.07 to 8.7. Unable to create a successful TLS connection to the ldap masters

Post by manowar »

Hi zimbrothers!!

_How are you?

I am in Chile, using for few years zimbra for my own purposes, I've been using open source edition, in the fact after this years using it, now I have a data of 70 GB, no more. Well last weekend I wished upgrade my zimbra version, so I had my backup and take note about few personlizations, nothing too much especial. Then began with upgrade, but seconds before send ./install --platfor-override, I received a terrorizer advice:
- Unable to create a successful TLS connection to the ldap masters

ThenI was searching in different forums information about and trying to solve it without ask any help, but I foudn a lot of information and nothing positive, probably I was looking bad. But I did few test following few logical instructions:

[root@mail ~]# /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr viewdeployedcrt
::service mta::
notBefore=Aug 9 00:02:35 2014 GMT
notAfter=Aug 8 00:02:35 2019 GMT
subject= /C=US/ST=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=mail.mydomian.cl
issuer= /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=mail.mydomian.cl
SubjectAltName=
::service proxy::
subject= /C=US/ST=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=mail.mydomain.cl
issuer= /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=mail.mydomain.cl
SubjectAltName=
::service mailboxd::
subject= /C=US/ST=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=mail.mydomain.cl
issuer= /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=mail.mydomain.cl
SubjectAltName=
::service ldap::
SubjectAltName=
-------------------------------

[root@mail ~]# /opt/zimbra/bin/zmlocalconfig | grep ldap | grep url
ldap_bind_url =
ldap_master_url = ldap://mail.mydomain.cl:389
ldap_url = ldap://mail.mydomain.cl:389
[root@mail ~]#

----------------------------------------
[root@mail ~]# /opt/zimbra/bin/zmlocalconfig | grep ldap | grep tls
ldap_common_require_tls = 0
ldap_starttls_required = true
ldap_starttls_supported = 1
[root@mail ~]#
-------------------------------

Then I found a options to reach upgrade, but I think in the future and take decision to let this upgrade until to have more information from masters of zimbra.

./install.sh --skip-upgrade-check

Well I know that my English is not good, and the most useful help which I found was in france, hahahahaha. Here is link. https://www.ordinoscope.net/index.php/I ... ap_masters

Please give a hands with this upgrade.

PS: I read few comments here about solve this trouble but nothing is absolutely clear.

Best regards from the country of good wines and all climates
manowar

Re: Error, upgrading from 8.07 to 8.7. Unable to create a successful TLS connection to the ldap masters

Post by manowar »

I found this reply in wiki.

https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Upgrade_Sc ... figuration

I will try it!, but until next weekend, because between Monday and Friday is a little complicated!