How to upgrade from 8.6.0 FOSS zimbra to standard edition 8.8

Forum to discuss, report issues, or provide feedback about Zimbra Suite Plus Installation or Upgrade
mathayo

How to upgrade from 8.6.0 FOSS zimbra to standard edition 8.8

Post by mathayo »

Hi Team
I am in process to upgrade my old version 8.6.0 FOSS to purchased zimbra standard edition. I am using centos 6.5
How can i do to go through, though i was blocked with gmail that is why i decided to switch to licensed version to ensure that i get all supported patches and setup.
ANy help on this
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: How to upgrade from 8.6.0 FOSS zimbra to standard edition 8.8

Post by phoenix »

FYI, the OSS version gets all the 'supported' patches. Did you read the Release Notes? You should only need to run the installer and apply the licence.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gabrieles »

And surely Gmail does not block you basing on your free or licensed Zimbra version
mathayo

Post by mathayo »

Seems my domain was blacklisted with gmail though score was 9 and good. Sometime i was receiving alot of spam to my group mail and individual account. I decidied to stop the services, possibly the license will improve my setup and some anti spam option. Probably to improve my network firewall
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

mathayo wrote:Seems my domain was blacklisted with gmail though score was 9 and good. Sometime i was receiving alot of spam to my group mail and individual account. I decidied to stop the services, possibly the license will improve my setup and some anti spam option. Probably to improve my network firewall
Your server 'reputation' does not depend on whether you have the Licensed or OSS version of Zimbra. Either you have a poorly configured server that is relaying spam or you have some other problem (such as no SPF, DMARC etc.) that needs investigation. I'd suggest you investigate why you're being considered as spam by google (and other sites?) and fix the problem.

FWIW, I have been running the OSS version of ZCS for the past fourteen years and never had a problem sending mail to google, yahoo, microsoft .... or any other site.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra