chat window dissappearing randomly

All around Zimbra Chat, give us your feedback, questions and ideas
RomanI

chat window dissappearing randomly

Post by RomanI »

Hi,
We're running 8.8.12 open source edition with the default zimbra chat and are seeing some strange behaviour. Some clients are reporting that their chat window is not there on some logins. This will happen for a few days and then the chat window will re-appear for that user. There doesn't seem to be any commonality to it and it doesn't seem to matter what browser is used.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions on what to look at to track this down further?

Thanks,

Roman
RomanI

Re: chat window dissappearing randomly

Post by RomanI »

So last night I upgraded to 8.8.15 patch 4 - restarted all services and there is no difference.

For whatever reason - and it appears to be user specific - the chat window just doesn't load for some people.

This is browser agnostic - but mailbox specific. all users has a single cos - and it's enabled on the default COS - and there is only the one COS.

tried changing the zimlet from enabled to mandatory - no change.

a user will lose the chat window - it won't be there for a few days etc - and then suddenly it will re-appear.

does anyone have any ideas?
RomanI

Post by RomanI »

Have also tried to set the cos for the mailbox from auto to a specific cos - still no chat....
RomanI

Post by RomanI »

further update:

it appears that the browser is calling the chat zimlet - based on the access logs I can see an affected user trying to get it - for whatever reason the zimlet never shows up on the client side:

192.168.1.64 - - [20/Nov/2019:12:42:28 +0000] "GET /service/zimlet/com_zextras_chat_open/OpenChatZimletLazyLoader.bundle.js HTTP/1.0" 200 270213 "https://sever.domainname.removed/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36" 52

does anyone out there have any ideas/suggestions?
RomanI

Post by RomanI »

so looking into the zextras chat came across this thread in their forum - seems to be an issue

https://forums.zextras.com/zxchat/1937- ... nsole.html
based on that they are suggesting that it's a cache issue

tried clearing cache once - without luck - will try again tonight to clear cache and restart - will update if I find out more...

running the zimbra link with ?dev=1 does have the chat window re-appearing for the specific user.
RomanI

Post by RomanI »

I'm now at a loss

I've tried redeploying the zimlet. I've tried changing the priority of the zimlet -and I'm still seeing issues for specific users.

when run in chrome I see it gets an "empty response" and then finishes by throwing an exception.

it still appears to be for specific users - some have no issues, some do.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

I'm ready to try ripping it out and installing the official zextras suite at this point....
ronald.deleon

Post by ronald.deleon »

Same problem with our several client.