Zimbra Drive and Nextcloud 12

All about Zimbra Drive
ryeardley

Zimbra Drive and Nextcloud 12

Post by ryeardley »

We were successfully working with ZCS-Network 8.7.7 with Nextcloud 11.0.2
Then I upgraded ZCS to Network 8.7.9 and the Drive icon failed to respond ...
The mail log showed a java error ( node not found ).
I was advised to install the latest drive app on Nextcloud.
I installed the latest app which achieved nothing other than new logged messages in Nextcloud ( Zimbra OC User not found )
So today I thought I would upgrade the Nextcloud system to version 12.
Nextcloud is now upgraded and functioning ....
BUT
The drive app will not install on Nextcloud 12 because it is not compatable.
So I have had to disable the Drive zimlet on the ZCS server until I think of any new ideas.
budy

Re: Zimbra Drive and Nextcloud 12

Post by budy »

Hi,

it may be, that the zimbradrive app on NC is actually not compatible with NC12. The requiremensts state NC > 9 or < 12. I had just tried to run the zimbradrive app on my NC12, after I updated my ZCS to 8.7.10 and the app config will not even accept my zimbra host in the admin preferences in NC 12. To be fair, I have to admit, that I changed the requirements of the zimbradrive app in the appinfo from 11 to 12 to make it appear in the first place on NC12.

So, my guess would be, that the zimbradrive app needs some updating.

Cheers,
budy
budy

Re: Zimbra Drive and Nextcloud 12

Post by budy »

So… I git the zimbradrive app from the NC app store running on my NC12. The hint was, as was posted on another thread, that one has to use Chrome for filling out the fields on NC12's admin admin page. This will make the fields actually keep their values and configure zimbradrive in NC12.

So, to use the app with NC12, just modify the max-version tag in the info.xml in appinfo.

Cheers