Zimbra Drive Tab/Button Unresponsive

All about Zimbra Drive
talaverde

Zimbra Drive Tab/Button Unresponsive

Post by talaverde »

I have a fresh install of Zimbra single server 8.8.15. (https://mail.domain.com) I have a fresh Nextcloud install (https://domain.io). Both servers are inside my AD domain and pfSense firewall. I followed the Zimbra drive install instructions and had no errors. Nothing seemed to be wrong. Validation of Zimbra drive within Nextcloud shows at 100% successful. HOWEVER, when clicking on the "Open Drive" button/tab within the Zimbra client, nothing happens. No error. No page change. It just doesn't respond. It's like the tab isn't connected to anything.

I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot as I don't have any error messages. Any ideas? Thanks.
talaverde

Re: Zimbra Drive Tab/Button Unresponsive

Post by talaverde »

It's fixed now. I can't really say I 'fixed it' because I don't know exactly what I did to make it work. I reinstalled Zimbra, this time without chat (or dnscache) - not something most people would not be able to afford to do.

Now that it's working, I realized it doesn't give you the option to link up an existing Nextcloud account. It actually creates a new account which can't be logged into directly from Nextcloud. Reading other posts, I see I'm not the only one that is disappointed by this. Other applications, even phone apps can authenticate to a Nextcloud account, even with a 2FA enabled account by using a one time password. I don't see why Zimbra didn't just create the option to manually authenticate to an existing Nextcloud account rather than auto-creating a new one. Hopefully, this functionality is added very soon.

Thanks
talaverde

Re: Zimbra Drive Tab/Button Unresponsive

Post by talaverde »

I figured out what causes the button to be unresponsive and the solution. The issue is the (certificate) / address validation. A 'dig' command show the Nextdrive IP to be the public/external IP. The solution is to add the Nextdrive server to the dnsmasq.conf settings (i.e. address=/www.mynextdrive.com/192.168.10.1). This forces the Zimbra server to look to the internal Nextdrive IP address.

(However, unless I can link this to my actual Nextdrive folder, I probably won't use it for anything. Kinda worthless)