Mail stays in Draft after sending

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
JoeneGB

Mail stays in Draft after sending

Post by JoeneGB »

Hello,

I am having an issue where sometimes when a mail has been sent successfully a copy remains in the Draft folder.
I have not been able to isolate and thus successfully reproduce this issue. It seems to happen with emails that contain an attachment, but not all emails with attachments that I sent keep a copy in the Drafts folder. It happens a few times a day, with just a very small percentage of emails sent.
So mails are sent, they appear in the Sent folder and a copy stays in the Draft folder.

My setup is:
My host/provider has Zimbra configured and I use Microsoft-Outlook 2019. I do not use the Zimbra Outlook Connector, because it is not supported. The provider does not use the Network Edition but I believe an open-source edition.
Zimbra mail online gives me Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_3895 (build 20200102004124) That might tell you what the provider/host is using.

Does this issue ring any bells? Has someone else seen this or something similar?
Cesar

Re: Mail stays in Draft after sending

Post by Cesar »

Hello,

I also have a similar issue. While using an alias in my account and a shared folder from a different account, when i reply back to a message with either an attachment or not most of my emails are kept as a copy in my draft folder but at the same time they appear in the sent folder. I have had more than 100 files copied as a draft. Could someone assist with this?

It is also Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_3953.

Thanks in advance!
rotorboy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by rotorboy »

I am having this problem on Zimbra 9 with some added strangeness. Some mail ends up in Sent folder. Some mail ends up in whole or part in Drafts folder. Other sent mail is disappearing completely.
We've been suspicious of strange email behaviour for some time now, but since upgrading to Zimbra 9 this has become rather rampant and happens to everyone multiple times per day.
cpsyctc

Post by cpsyctc »

I can confirm that I have this experience for a good proportion of my sent mail. For me it has been present for many years through many versions of Zimbra. I assumed everyone had this but perhaps not. I have the complementary problem that often when I close a draft message zimbra will ask if I want to save it in drafts. Sadly, even if I say "yes" a substantial proportion of those Emails do not get saved in drafts and a rather random but quite low proportion get saved when I close an unfinished message and don't get asked if I want it saved (three this morning). I am using the advanced web interface mostly on firefox and mostly on Ubuntu 20.04 but this morning on Windows 10 64 bit and all messages I closed as I could swap back to my main machine got no prompt and none of them were saved in drafts.

So to me the drafts folder, which could be invaluable, is simply hopelessly broken and has been for years with no discernible improvement. Looking here I start to wonder if this is specific to my account or my zimbra provider (protectedservice.net / in-tution.net). I am on Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_4007 (build 20210209202107) but, as I say, this has all been true for ages. :( :(