OnlyOffice integration

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

OnlyOffice integration

Post by Klug »

Hi.

There are words spreading of a "soon to be available" OnlyOffice integration within ZCS.
Seen here for example (in french, sorry): https://twitter.com/SIPOnline/status/13 ... 9329898502

Anyone knows anything and wants to share?
CSylvain

Re: OnlyOffice integration

Post by CSylvain »

Hello,
I am the author of this Tweet, here is the message I received, I prefer not to put the recipient's name to preserve their identity ;) :
So far, you can use Zimbra Docs in Zimbra 9. With Zimbra Docs, users can create and collaborate real-time using documents, spreadsheets and presentations right inside the Zimbra Web Client. Zimbra Docs feature is in the Zimbra Briefcase tab, and it's based on LibreOffice.
There is a plan to add OnlyOffice in Zimbra 9, and it will be in 1H - 2021.

Regards,
Carlos ******
Sr. Sales Engineer
Zimbra | A Synacor Product
carlos.******@synacor.com
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

Merci Sylvain.

So it would be Zimbra9 integration?
CSylvain

Post by CSylvain »

Yes, only for Zimbra 9, and I imagine for Template Modern.
winproof
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0_GA_3976

Post by winproof »

hello

no news regarding this?

because i've just tested integration with webdav zimlet (with simple webdav server (apache), i not need full solution like nextcloud/owncloud) , it's work for preview docs, but not really for editing (cannot open/edit onlyoffice doc in separated windows, only in preview panel), it's too small for correct use.

and webdav zimlet not work with modern UI, only classic.

now I'll do a test with seafile and onlyoffice, but it' s a heavy work just for solving a simple problem:

my users needs co-editing excel/calc files, but with possibility to freeze rows/collums, and unfortunately the LibreOffice online apps integrated with zimbra docs nto have this feature (but classic LibreOffice yes, same woth onlyoffice)

Regards
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

To be fair to Carlos, when the Zimbra buyout/management change happened last year (https://www.spglobal.com/marketintellig ... r-62616700), the then-planned Zimbra roadmap to my understanding went up for review.

In my first career I did mergers and acquisitions for media and technology companies for 13 years; it's usual and customary for new owners to hit the pause button to allow new management sufficient runway to evaluate plans that were on the books and make adjustments, after talking with and getting input from customers, staff and partners.

Indeed, Eric Kisiel, Zimbra's new Senior VP for Product and Engineering (joined last September) has gone on record that that's exactly what he was doing, and that we could expect a refreshed product roadmap early this summer.

Hope that helps,
Mark
winproof
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0_GA_3976

Post by winproof »

ah ok, I understand better why it is long to come, indeed it is understandable.
It's good to know, thank you mark!

PS : and thanks for all your guides about zimbra on MissionCritical, very usefull for me :)