OLD FORUMS

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
lithorus
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by lithorus »

Don't get me wrong. I really want to have this forum working well. However as the poster pointed out, simple stuff which would help immensely have yet to be fixed/done.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

OLD FORUMS

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="lithorus"]Don't get me wrong. I really want to have this forum working well.[/quote]That's what we all want.
[quote user="lithorus"]However as the poster pointed out, simple stuff which would help immensely have yet to be fixed/done.[/quote]I believe that's also what we're all trying to move towards -  getting these forums in some sort of usable format but it feels like an uphill struggle at the moment. Things that were simple like replying to your post now requires several steps to get to a point where you can actually quote it in a reply, it's not obvious at first glance and requires too many mouse clicks to get here. Take your pick of any features that we used in the old forums and they're missing e.g. code tags, formatting a reply, previewing a reply (or post) before hitting submit. It's the silence around whether the (missing) features will ever be implemented that's somewhat disconcerting.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
stormpoorun

OLD FORUMS

Post by stormpoorun »

Hi Jenn, I never received a link for my old username, and seem to have a new one - is it possible to merge the two, or get an old one back to link to all one's old posts?
iamauser

OLD FORUMS

Post by iamauser »

The cobwebs forming around stuff users posted in this feedback forum is equally disconcerting... I really wonder sometimes when I see flashy statements like (and I quote) "Zimbra Social is the only proven high-scale social platform that enables full brand/design tailoring."

...high-scale brand/design tailoring may be "enabled" but if no one in charge gives a hoot about it, we're all just stuck with this stupid "out-of-the-box settings are all we feel like fooling with" forum.

And the 'with time the search will get better' promise leaves a lot to be desired. I used to be able to search for valuable information on the forums, and now it returns very few useful bits. I get more hits for user manual and official wiki pages, but they often are not relevant to the search. I miss the google index on the old forum that just plain worked.
metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by metux »

Yeah, the usability of that fancy, eye-catching "social" blah is so bad, that I've just created an old fashioned mailing list for us:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=de# ... -zcs-users

There's also a maillist for developers:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=de# ... pen-zimbra
lithorus
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by lithorus »

And links which are not in german :)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... -zcs-users

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/open-zimbra

Edit:

Wow, just realized that I cannot switch to rich layout if the original post was not done with rich layout.
metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by metux »

Oh, sorry, just copied the URLs from my client - seems that google somewhere put in the locale parameter ... grmpf.
metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by metux »

By the way, yet another usability fail:

The notification popup (the little flash icon in the top right) doesn't allow opening in a new tab/window ... *very* ugly for power users.
lithorus
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by lithorus »

It does on my end.

However it's not very clear whether or you have highlighted the link to the user profile or the thread.

And why do I get notifications on my own posts????
metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by metux »

More problems:

yet again, a new post just vanished ... looks lik ethe system suffers from Alzheimer ... ;-o