OLD FORUMS

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by jenneme »

What did you like and not like about the old forums?
langs
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by langs »

I liked the decade of community knowledge and really hope that has not been lost, I often refer people to certain threads as the information contained in them is gold and often they resolve issues faster then logging a support case.
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by jenneme »

Hey there. Thanks for the comment. I can assure you our team is working very hard to ensure all of the data we had in the old message boards will be migrated into our space here. The links you may have given out in the past will have to be updated, but we are working on redirects that should ease the situation.
richardw

OLD FORUMS

Post by richardw »

This new forum thing just sucks in terms of usability. Can we please get old one back?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

OLD FORUMS

Post by phoenix »

On vBulletin you could search for posts over the past day, week, month etc. can you do this here? We were also able to see who was online, can that be done here?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
dalmate

OLD FORUMS

Post by dalmate »

This forum's structure is too hard to use. No room, no topic, etc,...
johnathon

OLD FORUMS

Post by johnathon »

The constant popups here are annoying as well. I know there's related content, it just doesn't matter to me. Additionally, why so much whitespace? You're wasting *so much space* that could be displaying useful data on my screen, and is instead just empty.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

OLD FORUMS

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Hi Jenn,
As re the old forums, I liked:

The Advanced Search feature.
That Google pretty much indexed the whole site for us, in case my Advanced Search failed.
The 30+ bookmarks in my browser pointing to relevant content I used frequently; content that isn't in the Administrators Guide
That I could PM someone
That I could see if someone I wanted to PM was logged in already or not
The Unread Posts button
The Mark All As Read button
The compact format for rapid scrolling through unread posts across all sections
That I could see how many posts someone had made while reading their current post, as well as snippets of their profile
That I could easily get a listing of all of a user's posts 
That the forum software would suggest Tags
The email notifications
Single line spacing during Compose when hitting the Return key

Hopefully this doesn't come across as too curmudgeonly!  Nothing is constant and I don't typically mind change, but vBulletin has a lot more years of development behind it than does Community, and for a much narrower use case than the broad range of use cases Community is intended to address.  Not saying we can't use Community effectively in place of the now-departed forums, but to address discussion forum use cases some more discussion forum features in Community would be welcomed.
Thanks for asking, and listening!
All the best, Mark
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by jenneme »

Thank you for this constructive feedback, Mark. I really appreciate it. [:)] I don't have immediate answers for the majority of your notes, but I will definitely make sure our team sees them. Maybe we can make some adjustments soon. As for #4, you can still send a private message to people in this community. A member can decide to not allow people to contact them via private messages, but I think that feature was true in the old forums too.

On #3, I am not sure, but yes, I do not think bookmarks were able to be imported. I will follow up with the team to be certain. But, you can start making new bookmarks. Just click on the little gray ribbon looking icon near your avtara at the top of the page. It will show you your recent bookmaks and allow you to bookmark the page youa re on.

On #9, if you scroll over someone's name or avatar, a brief bio appears with options for contacting that person. Plus, you can click "Recent Activity" at the bottom of the bio to get a list of that person' most recent activities.

On #10, if you go to a member's profile, you can click "Activity" and see a list of that person's activities in the community.
I hope this is somewhat helpful. If I can find out anything on the other issues you've mentioned, I will definitely follow up here. Thanks again, Mark.
vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 0

OLD FORUMS

Post by vavai »

Mark,

Thanks for describing what I would like to say ;-)

To be honest, I like what vBulletin structure to see which topic related to my concern and see all of post on various topic.

Vavai