Inspiration

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Inspiration

Post by phoenix »

It did, it was in 'stealth mode' for a couple of years prior to the first public release of ZCS 3.x which is what I installed in September 2005. [:)]
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Inspiration

Post by jerryboi »

yes, me too :) Back then this was the latest blog entry on the website.
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Inspiration

Post by rhoward »

Yes, I spoke with Quanah about it and he set me straight. But... I also pointed out that I did the very first check-in of the Telligent code in 2001 if we're going to go by source control commit date :-)

Really, though, it doesn't matter. We're Zimbra. We have 2 (now 3) products that I'm really proud of. And I'm looking forward to more head-to-head Exchange situations and growing this vs. letting it sit stagnant.

Brad - "Having said that, anything we can do to lend a hand?". Not yet, but thank you. First and foremost we need to address some of the critical items that are frustrating people. Once that settles down I would like to review the site navigation, etc. for what works best with this group.

And to come back to another point that Brad made: yes, the community's position is 100% valid.
SnakeDoc

Inspiration

Post by SnakeDoc »

Rob - can we please get a real update? And not another obviously PR Department filtered half-statement that Jenn posted the other day. It's been said before, but I'll say it again -- this is a technical community; technical details are necessary -- as is transparency. Right now -- we've got none of each.

1) What is this supposed "incident" with the old forums?
2) Why did it ground the entire forums, even in read-only mode?
3) Why are you suddenly now able to bring the old forums online in read-only mode, only after being called out?
4) How much data have you actually lost from the old forums? (honesty here would be nice)
5) The search engines are already dropping forum page links -- what are you going to do to restore links?
6) What method are you using to import data into your forum product? (my guess is manual data entry)
7) How much longer is this going to take? (you have through Oct 4th cleared for notifications, does that mean another week!?)
8) Why did it take so long for Telligent to finally grasp the gravity of the situation?
9) Why is Zimbra taking backseat to your forums product on the community pages? Zimbra is the flagship product.
10) Why are the "fixes" to the Zimbra temporary forums not being applied to your other forums? (You can't use the "rushed" excuse here, those community pages have existed for a while, yet still suck - quite frankly, product defaults are supposed to be sane, your product's defaults are certifiably insane)
11) Can you commit to posting a tarball or zip of the old forums data? A lot of people don't want to risk losing access to the data ever again. A request I believe to be reasonable.

I'm glad to see you taking this seriously now -- I feel you should have been here all along instead of letting Jenn take the brunt.

@Community -- I'm sure I'm missing some things that need to be addressed (still waking up), please chime in with additional things that Rob will address in a Blog post for us.
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Inspiration

Post by rhoward »

Yes, I'm drafting a blog post that will likely go live later this afternoon -- so I can point back to a single response vs. replying to each person individually (which I'll likely still do too).

I'll make sure and address these 10 questions.