2015 Roadmap

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
vcube.giovanni.vecchi

2015 Roadmap

Post by vcube.giovanni.vecchi »

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: 2015 Roadmap

Post by phoenix »

vcube.giovanni.vecchi wrote:What about 2015 Roadmap ?
What about it? Is there some specific question or point that you're trying to make?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
vcube.giovanni.vecchi

I noticed it was disregarded...
I would know if there are any update about ETA and trying to figure out whether the new features will ever be released.

Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

vcube.giovanni.vecchi wrote:I noticed it was disregarded...
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? :)
vcube.giovanni.vecchi wrote:I would know if there are any update about ETA and trying to figure out whether the new features will ever be released.
The document you mentioned was a roadmap, it was not fixed in stone and, yes, version 9 of ZCS is still expected to be the High Availability "always on" version. Historically Zimbra has never given dates for the release of the products and that's the most sensible thing to do with a product such as ZCS and the answer to this part of the question would be, no, there's no update on a timeline.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
vcube.giovanni.vecchi

It's really sad
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

vcube.giovanni.vecchi wrote:It's really sad
What is ? The product is still moving towards the High Availability option and ZCS 8.7 (and other releases) was the initial step towards that. - what more do yoyu want? No company in their right mind gives fixed dates for product release unless they're moments (figuratively speaking) away from releasing a product.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by thorx »

I'm hoping webgui and server can be separated.
So that the webgui can be patched more often. when bugs happen in the webgui, users shouldn't have to wait half a year or more for next release.
And would be great if it where possible to have more than one webgui packages. so that someone else than zimbra can deliver the gui. more developers outside zimbra would maybe speed up the development and keep the bugs at a more comfortable level. Would be great if two versions of the webgui could be active at the same time, so that if a user hit bugs that are new, you can easily send him to the old version. a faster version follow of the wysiwyg-editor would be great as well. and possibility to make use of two wysiwyg-editors would also be great. support both tinymc and ckeditor. They have both their strength and weaknesses.

BTW, support this project:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zimb ... strators#/