after 1 month using new client modern

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bdardy

after 1 month using new client modern

Post by bdardy »

After 1 month of operation
use on smartphones OK (really a very good thing).
use from a browser, there it is more mixed.
I noticed a lot of small translation problems (site in French).
Some slowdowns.
not everything is functional.
In short, before going into production there is work.
Is there a place I can report these issues?
Bernard

in french
Après 1 mois de fonctionnement
utilisation sur les smartphone OK (vraiment une très bonne chose).
utilisation depuis un navigateur, là c'est plus mitigé.
Je constate pas mal de petits problèmes de traduction (site en français).
Quelques ralentissement.
tout n'est pas fonctionnel.
Bref avant de passer en production il y a du travail
Bernard
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: after 1 month using new client modern

Post by phoenix »

You should always provide the full output of the following command so we know which version of ZCS you're using (yes, it is important):

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
If you're using the NE version then open a support case.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
patit
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0.GA.3924

Post by patit »

I would like to add my two cents on the new UI.
I've upgraded my on-site installation to release 9.0.0.GA.3924.UBUNTU18.64 NETWORK edition, Patch 9.0.0_P20. Since, I have already opened more than 10 tickets with support, most of them resulting in bugs on pretty basic things such as HTML signature, ability to open eml attachments, ability to open HTML documents migrated from briefcases, mixing of recipients in reply mails...
I have the impression that in the effort to build a brand new interface they somewhat overlooked the needs of people upgrading form an interface (and its features) that had been there for more than a decade.
I think that when you want to undergo such a radical change you need to plan better for migrating existing features.
My impression is that, as for NG modules, the integration has not been so smooth (just check the mess in the documentation right now).
It's really hard to push the new UI to production for users when even new features like the mobile password management (ng_auth zimlet) is not even available in the new UI and users have to switch to classic web app to manage it.
I don't know the general mood but with all the pressure we're getting from Office 365 or Google it becomes very difficult to justify a choice like Zimbra if the product is not up to today's UX expectations.

I'm getting the feeling that Zimbra development has been somewhat slowed down (still version 9.0.0 after how long?) and this is not good for the future of the software in enterprise environments.
axslingr
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18

Post by axslingr »

patit wrote:I've upgraded my on-site installation to release 9.0.0.GA.3924.UBUNTU18.64 NETWORK edition, Patch 9.0.0_P20. Since, I have already opened more than 10 tickets with support, most of them resulting in bugs on pretty basic things such as HTML signature, ability to open eml attachments, ability to open HTML documents migrated from briefcases, mixing of recipients in reply mails...
This is why I don't use a .0 version of anything in production.
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gabrieles »

axslingr wrote: This is why I don't use a .0 version of anything in production.
That should be carved with fire on every IT office
axslingr
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18

Post by axslingr »

gabrieles wrote:That should be carved with fire on every IT office
Right! And the fact that it's still at 9.0.0 tells me it's going nowhere fast so I'm sticking with 8.8.15 until EOL.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

axslingr wrote:
gabrieles wrote:That should be carved with fire on every IT office
Right! And the fact that it's still at 9.0.0 tells me it's going nowhere fast so I'm sticking with 8.8.15 until EOL.
Same here.
With the "new" ZeXtras theme, customers are quite happy with 8.8.15.

BTW, we upgraded one on-premise customer to 9.0 during a week-end.
On the monday evening, after opening more or less the same bugs than patit (HTML signature, etc), we forced every user back to the old webUI as default.
patit
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0.GA.3924

Post by patit »

axslingr wrote:
patit wrote:I've upgraded my on-site installation to release 9.0.0.GA.3924.UBUNTU18.64 NETWORK edition, Patch 9.0.0_P20. Since, I have already opened more than 10 tickets with support, most of them resulting in bugs on pretty basic things such as HTML signature, ability to open eml attachments, ability to open HTML documents migrated from briefcases, mixing of recipients in reply mails...
This is why I don't use a .0 version of anything in production.
The only reason I took the risk is that you can still use classic web app after all. But I have the impression they took a very long road with this version, breaking a lot of things along the way...
tomin

Post by tomin »

Is it possible to roll back to classic UI from Modern UI, many of staffs at my company started complaining about some issues. So its urgent that I need to report to my superiors about Rollback of UI.
Sorry that I am replying in this post, that I couldn't find how to post a new topic.
Thanks
bdardy

Post by bdardy »

zimbra/log# su - zimbra
zimbra@gadji:~$ zmcontrol -v
Release 9.0.0.GA.3924.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18_64 NETWORK edition, Patch 9.0.0_P21.

phoenix wrote:You should always provide the full output of the following command so we know which version of ZCS you're using (yes, it is important):

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
If you're using the NE version then open a support case.