Outlook MAPI Connector Beta 1 now available

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

We are happy to announce the Beta 1 release of the Zimbra Collaboration Suite Outlook Connector. The Connector software and the related documentation are available via the Zimbra Network Self-Service portal Support.
You should have received your user name and password for the Self-Service portal soon after you completed the registration for your Network Edition trial. If you did not receive your portal login information it may have been for several reasons:
- Didn't provide a company email address (ie used a gmail/yahoo/hotmail type address)

- Didn't fully complete the network registration details
In any case if you'd like to get access to the Outlook Connector and you've not already been contacted please email sales _at_ zimbra.com
We look forward to receiving your feedback on this release.
chinarut

Post by chinarut »

I found a reference to your announcement through your blog.
After reading your announcement, could you do some of us a favor and either post a hyperlink to more details on what this connector does or a quick summary here?
I did not see anymore info after clicking the support link you provide.
Thanks!
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

The Zimbra Collaboration Suite Outlook Connector (ZCS OC) is a MAPI Messaging Service Provider designed for Outlook 2003 that enables online and offline Outlook access to mailbox(es) (email, group calendaring, contacts) and GAL(s) on the Zimbra Server.
Bundled with the ZCS OC are a few documents that provide more details.
Do you have specific questions about the ZCS OC that we can answer?
edmann_com

Post by edmann_com »

Can we purchase the ZCS OC for use with the Open Source version of Zimbra? Or will a network edition subscription be needed?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="edmann_com"]Can we purchase the ZCS OC for use with the Open Source version of Zimbra? Or will a network edition subscription be needed?[/QUOTE]
At this time the Outlook Connector is only available with the Zimbra Network Edition.
russh

Post by russh »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]At this time the Outlook Connector is only available with the Zimbra Network Edition.[/QUOTE]
Hi,
has this position changed yet, or is it due to change? This is the only functionality I would want for my small office - with less than 10 people, purchasing the full verison is economically unfeasible.
Russ.
unilogic
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by unilogic »

Out of curiosity will the Outlook Connector even work with the open source edition even if there were a liciencing scheme available for it.
Ben
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

[quote user="russh"]Hi,
has this position changed yet, or is it due to change? This is the only functionality I would want for my small office - with less than 10 people, purchasing the full verison is economically unfeasible.
Russ.[/QUOTE]
There are some features that must remain exclusive to the network edition.
You get all of the Outlook connector's features through the webUI.
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gmsmith »

[quote user="russh"]Hi,
Russ.[/QUOTE]
Russ, there are also many hosting partners that would be happy to work with you should you need the Network Edition, but the entry point is to high.
zbilly

Post by zbilly »

[quote]You get all of the Outlook connector's features through the webUI.[/QUOTE]
Thats not totally correct. webUI is a web interface, outlook is a software program that allows offline sync. webUI does not allow offline sync.