ZCS 3.1 Released

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
Dux T
Advanced member
Advanced member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by Dux T »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Seems like you need to setup split dns or have the outgoing mail relay via your ISP.
http://www.google.com/search?q=split+dns[/QUOTE]

That was it :o At least the users shouldn't be online right now and only have to look forward to better email Monday :D ... I love it all great work!!!
2618mtaylor

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by 2618mtaylor »

Do we know what the timeframe is on Auto-complete from the gal? We are a sizeable organization and to make a switch from exchange we feel that this is a needed feature since probably 60% or more of our mail is internal amnd most people only use contacts for external addresses since they can find internal addresses by typing the name. I have configured it to work with our active directory however gal required the use of straight LDAP with a search string not the AD setting. Has this been corrected in 3.1? Any help would be appreciated.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="2618mtaylor"]Do we know what the timeframe is on Auto-complete from the gal? We are a sizeable organization and to make a switch from exchange we feel that this is a needed feature since probably 60% or more of our mail is internal amnd most people only use contacts for external addresses since they can find internal addresses by typing the name. I have configured it to work with our active directory however gal required the use of straight LDAP with a search string not the AD setting. Has this been corrected in 3.1? Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
You can vote for it in bugzilla. We've not set a date for it yet.
brwatters
Advanced member
Advanced member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by brwatters »

Any plans for SYNCing a BlackBerry to Zimbra?
BRW
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="brwatters"]Any plans for SYNCing a BlackBerry to Zimbra?[/QUOTE]

Hi
Welcome to the forums. :)
A quick search would have found you this information.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
kiwicmc
Advanced member
Advanced member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by kiwicmc »

I like what is there so far but I have a couple of issues with the current implementation.
Firstly there does not appear to be a way to authorize users to be able to schedule resources. i.e. only autoaccept request if a user belongs to a defined list of email addresses or distribution list
I'd like to see a resource's calendar so I can see at a glance the resource's availability, rather than having to create an appointment and add the resource, thereby only then seeing the free busy information.
If the resource had this functionality then you could also check the free-busy from an external client such as Outlook.
Now, this all may be planned for a subsequent release. If not I wouldn't think it would too hard to add ourselves.
Regards,

Chris
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="kiwicmc"]I like what is there so far but I have a couple of issues with the current implementation.
Firstly there does not appear to be a way to authorize users to be able to schedule resources. i.e. only autoaccept request if a user belongs to a defined list of email addresses or distribution list
I'd like to see a resource's calendar so I can see at a glance the resource's availability, rather than having to create an appointment and add the resource, thereby only then seeing the free busy information.
If the resource had this functionality then you could also check the free-busy from an external client such as Outlook.
Now, this all may be planned for a subsequent release. If not I wouldn't think it would too hard to add ourselves.
Regards,

Chris[/QUOTE]

File them in bugzilla as seperate requests.
StefanD
Advanced member
Advanced member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by StefanD »

[QUOTE]I'd like to see a resource's calendar so I can see at a glance the resource's availability, rather than having to create an appointment and add the resource, thereby only then seeing the free busy information.[/QUOTE]
Here is a quick workaround.

Create a meeting room with email address "room1@example.com".

Then in a console type:

su - zimbra

zmprov sp room1@example.com some_password
Then login into zimbra with 'room1@example.com' and path password 'some_password'

Now go to calandar and share it with an account of a person/deparment who is gone manage this resource.
[QUOTE]If the resource had this functionality then you could also check the free-busy from an external client such as Outlook.[/QUOTE]

With the following url you can get free/busy info from a resource

[QUOTE">Now, this all may be planned for a subsequent release. If not I wouldn't think it would too hard to add ourselves.[/QUOTE]

It's easy :)
kiwicmc
Advanced member
Advanced member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by kiwicmc »

I've got to say I'm going to look like a hero when I roll this thing out thanks to all you guys ...
kiwicmc
Advanced member
Advanced member

ZCS 3.1 Released

Post by kiwicmc »

the URL
is">http://zimbra.defacto.local:8081/zimbra ... 0d&end=60d
is protected on the Zimbra server by basic auth, so the Outlook client barfs with the helpful error "General Failure" ... No real biggie, I'm sure I can work around it with some Apache/Tomcat jiggery pokery
In actual fact the original URL I use for normal Zimbra users of

http://zimbra.defacto.local:8081/servic ... e%@%server%

works now I have provisioned the resources.
Kevin, shall I put this information in Bugzilla, or just leave it here as a work around?
C