Hosted Zimbra Service

Industry info, happenings near you, and new product integrations. Hosting an event? Invite people here.
SpiderTech
Advanced member
Advanced member

Hosted Zimbra Service

Post by SpiderTech »

I'm starting this tread in attempts to compare Hosted Zimbra providers to the next one.
The service provider i'm currently with, SaasHost.net, is using an exchange solution on the latest version of 7.0. Im sure this is standard amongst most providers but my questions is,
Does your provider provide 24/7 Technical Support with a full Zimbra Knowledge base?
What about migration help? Does your provider aid you in migrating your domain over to their system and provide best practices to do so?
Im, rounding up this information, strictly for academic reason, to compare Zimbra hosted providers and prefer users or administrators that directly use it.
Make it a great day.
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Hosted Zimbra Service

Post by Krishopper »

I'm not sure if you're going to find many people who are using hosted Zimbra solutions in here who are using a hosted Zimbra service. Not all, obviously, but most of those types of people sign up for the service and are too involved with other things to be invested in forums like this.
You might be better off asking the actual providers what they offer - but I'm not sure if that's against the rules of this forum as it would basically result in everyone posting an ad :)
13537storm
Advanced member
Advanced member

Hosted Zimbra Service

Post by 13537storm »

I am a user with a lot of experience of hosted services. PM-me, if you wish.
10119metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

Hosted Zimbra Service

Post by 10119metux »

[quote user="SpiderTech"]

Does your provider provide 24/7 Technical Support

[/QUOTE]
Please specificy what you mean exacty with "Technical Support".

Operating assistance or training ?

Troubleshooting and bugfixing ?

Customization development ?

etc. etc.

[quote user="SpiderTech"]

What about migration help? Does your provider aid you in migrating your domain over to their system and provide best practices to do so?

[/QUOTE]
Yes, we do that, of course. Our customers dont want to migrate several thousands

of mailboxes manually. We carefully engineer automated migration procedures,

so that the migration downtime in the timescale what the data transfer takes.
(perhaps I should also mention that we dont just host Zimbra, but provide an

larger application stack where Zimbra is just one of the core components).