FOSS border system for Zimbra - mxHero

Industry info, happenings near you, and new product integrations. Hosting an event? Invite people here.
5526alexp

Post by 5526alexp »

[quote user="8141Klug"]Can it still be used as a "dedicated" appliance (not setup on the same VM/server than ZCS) ?[/QUOTE]
Yes it can. During the installation indicate that you are configuring as a relay. You will see this question.
You then should follow the "appliance" integration instructions for Zimbra in order to ensure that inbound, outbound etc. email from your ZCS box uses your new appliance.
Cheers
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

I apologize.
I recognize my ignorance about this product. MXHERO team makes a great advance an integration with Zimbra.
Thanks!
apanagides

Post by apanagides »

We have just uploaded the Virtual Appliance of mxHero 1.1.0 for those who prefer this option.
Cheers
apanagides

Post by apanagides »

We have now uploaded the new installer script now tested with CentOS 6, Ubuntu 10.04, Debian 6.
Enjoy
5526alexp

Post by 5526alexp »

Zimbra community,
We have uploaded a new release of mxHero 1.2.0. Both Virtual Appliance and Installer packages. This is a solid release, a lot of optimizations and fixes! Upgrading highly encouraged.
Pipeline for next release includes Zimlet's for better Zimbra-mxHero integration!
Cheers All,

Alex
5526alexp

Post by 5526alexp »

Just a note that we have released 1.3.0 of mxHero, post here.
This version is our first step in Zimbra UI integration. At sourceforge you will find a zimlet for our Attachment Track feature (zimlet download).
We will be posting the Zimlet to the Gallery later today.
:) By the way, we would greatly appreciate any feedback from those who have tested mxHero. Anything you think we should focus on, etc. You can email me at apanagides (at) users.sourceforge.net
Thanks!
ypong
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by ypong »

Glad to see you are still doing so much work on mxhero. Although I'm now using mailcleaner, I'm hoping to come back and re-evaluate mxhero again; Some of your features seem quite interesting!
5526alexp

Post by 5526alexp »

Hi Ypong,
Thanks for the feedback! By the way, thanks also for pointing out Mailcleaner. I will add that solution for integration in our next iteration. That way you will be able to leverage both solutions - Mailcleaner for Antispam and Antivirus and mxHero for email enhancement.
Zimbra mxHero Mailcleaner Internet
All the best!
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

[quote user="5526alexp"]Zimbra mxHero Mailcleaner Internet[/QUOTE]

That would be tremendous.
I've been using (and deploying for customers) MailCleaner for a long time.

Love it.
5526alexp

Post by 5526alexp »

Just a quick note to inform that we have published an incremental release 1.3.1.
mxHero 1.3.1 – released - mxHero
Cheers!