[SOLVED] Spamhaus Policy Block List

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Infolookup

Post by Infolookup »

Hello All,
I would like to know how are others that are using a dyndns services with an dynamic IP address dealing with the following;
[QUOTE]Urgency 5/5
Spamhaus describe the PBL as
The Spamhaus PBL is a DNSBL database of end-user IP address ranges which should not be delivering unauthenticated SMTP email to any Internet mail server except those provided for specifically by an ISP for that customer's use. The PBL helps networks enforce their Acceptable Use Policy for dynamic and non-MTA customer IP ranges.
PBL IP address ranges are added and maintained by each network participating in the PBL project, working in conjunction with the Spamhaus PBL team, to help apply their outbound email policies.
Additional IP address ranges are added and maintained by the Spamhaus PBL Team, particularly for networks which are not participating themselves (either because the ISP/block owner does not know about, is proving difficult to contact, or because of language difficulties), and where spam received from those ranges, rDNS and server patterns are consistent with end-user IP space which typically contain high concentrations of "botnet zombies", a major source of spam. Once aware of them, the ISP/block owner can take over such records at any time to manage them further.
The PBL lists both dynamic and static IPs, any IP which by policy (whether the block owner's or -interim in its absence- Spamhaus' policy) should not be sending email directly to the MX servers of third parties.

[/QUOTE]
Whenever I send emails to my job or other networks the are being rejected and I am getting this message
[QUOTE]550 0.0.0.0 blacklisted at zen.spamhaus.org (in reply to RCPT TO

command)[/QUOTE]
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Infolookup"]I would like to know how are others that are using a dyndns services with an dynamic IP address dealing with the following;[/QUOTE]Relay your mail through another mail server (your ISP, perhaps).

[quote user="Infolookup"]Whenever I send emails to my job or other networks the are being rejected and I am getting this message[/QUOTE]That's always going to be a problem if you're on a dynamic IP and don't have a valid reverse IP.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Infolookup

Post by Infolookup »

Phoenix,
As always thanks for your reply so bascially anyone that's using a dynamic IP address such as myself has to use my ISP's mail server settings?
If so does Zimbra provide an option to handle such settings? To think of it now I can recall doing this one time back when I was running Exchange 2k3 at home.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by uxbod »

Go into your Admin GUI and under the MTA settings you can set a smarthost.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Infolookup"]As always thanks for your reply so bascially anyone that's using a dynamic IP address such as myself has to use my ISP's mail server settings?[/QUOTE]That's not always the case, I used to run an Exchange server on a dynamic IP (and did so for 4 years) and never had any problems sending mail.
[quote user="Infolookup"]If so does Zimbra provide an option to handle such settings? To think of it now I can recall doing this one time back when I was running Exchange 2k3 at home.[/QUOTE]Yes, you can use the instructions in this article if you need to use authentication with your ISPs mail server. If you don't need Authentication then go to the Server/MTA tab in the Admin UI and enter the details in there.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Infolookup

Post by Infolookup »

Thank you I will do the following and then report back.