Backup/Restore Mailbox

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Backup/Restore Mailbox

Post by selliott »

I am trying to restore a users mailbox to a specific point in time, . The Admin console and the CLI commands have produced the same results, which has raised the question of whether my backups are working properly.
For example, if I restore to a point in time of 3/25/2009 at 12:30 AM the results include emails past that point in time, all the way up to 4/19/2009. I would not expect to see any emails past the 3/25 date.
Is there something I am missing either in my backup process or my restore process?
Thank you,

Sherry
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Backup/Restore Mailbox

Post by bdial »

you're probably hitting this bug
Bug 33135 – unable to restore to point in time/incremental
upgrading would fix it. another way you could probably get around it is to temporarily move any more recent backups than your target date out of teh /opt/zimbra/backup/sessions folder and doing a restore and then moving the folders back.
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Backup/Restore Mailbox

Post by selliott »

Thank you... We do plan on ugrading to 5.0.13 on May 9th. I am sorry that I did not see this bug before I posted and wasted your time.
So would 5.0.13 solve this? Also no matter which PIT I pick they all have the same information in them. For instance Inbox, Trash, Sent if one PIT has 5747 emails in the Inbox they all have 5747 in the Inbox. All backups are the same. Is this also part of this bug? I am a little confused by reading it.