Using zcs Ajax without JSP?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
4338Chouser

Post by 4338Chouser »

After reading the whitepapers, I really like the look of the Zimbra Ajax toolkit. But I was dismayed to find Java Server Page code scattered throughout even the Ajax parts of the of the zcs codebase.
If I'm not planning on using JSP in my server, should I just walk away from Zimbra and use Dojo or something else, or is there some possibility that the Zimbra Ajax code could be decoupled from JSP?
Thanks,

--Chouser
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Nothing requires you to use JSP in your code. We use JSP just as a bootstrap to start the examples. The Javascript itself doesn't require any special markup language.
rdargahi

Post by rdargahi »

[quote user="4338Chouser"]After reading the whitepapers, I really like the look of the Zimbra Ajax toolkit. But I was dismayed to find Java Server Page code scattered throughout even the Ajax parts of the of the zcs codebase.
If I'm not planning on using JSP in my server, should I just walk away from Zimbra and use Dojo or something else, or is there some possibility that the Zimbra Ajax code could be decoupled from JSP?
Thanks,

--Chouser[/QUOTE]
To add to kevin's comment, check out the following thread, where a user (xiris) migrated the Ajax toolkit example JSP files to PHP:
http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182[/url]