[SOLVED] Installing a commercial SSL certificate

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sdrury
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sdrury »

Hi,
I have read some wiki articles about installing SSL certs, but not found clear info relating to the one I'm ready to install.

I have purchased for my company's ZCS 6.0.2 server a Thawte SSL123 certificate and they have provided me with the cert 'codes' - I found and downloaded the root cert which has many versions like .pem, .txt, .ca etc.

As for the main cert and intermediate cert do I just copy and paste the code into notepad and save as a txt file?

I just don't want to try and install the files via the admin console if I have the wrong format.

Anyone done this recently?
Regards,

Sean.
dstoliker

Post by dstoliker »

I just did mine a couple of weeks ago. I copied and pasted the PEM format certificates into separate plain text files and uploaded them using the Admin Console.
Hope that helps.
sdrury
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sdrury »

I just had a go and got this message:

Your certificate was not installed due to the error : system failure: XXXXX ERROR: Unmatching certificate (/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current.crt) and private key (/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current_comm.key) pair.
sdrury
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sdrury »

SOLVED by Ramadan @ Zimbra support.
Thanks Ramadan!
therevolution

Post by therevolution »

how was this solved? I'm not sure if this is the same but i'm getting this when trying to install the cert i've received from Thawte. It says there's no valid csr found. but i generated one to get the cert. is there a way to fix this or do i need to get it resigned?
Andrew.

Target Server:

mail2.domain.com

Please review the current CSR information, then click next to upload your certificate signed by the commercial certificate authorizer.

Common Name:

Country Name:

State/Province:

City:

Organization Name:

Organizational Unit:

Subject Alternative Name:

mail2.domain.com

No valid CSR was found.

To install a commercially signed certificate, you must create the CSR first. Please go back to choose Generate the CSR for the commerical certificate authorizer option to create the CSR.