I want to Auto Accept Calender invites?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
steve.beeman

Post by steve.beeman »

I've seen a few issues come up where users Zimbra calender is auto accepting invites. I WANT this to happen for a calender I want everyone to share. We use Zimbra Collaboration Suite at our school and as the IT department, we don't want to have to send out invites every year for new faculty/staff or students and then worry about them accepting these invites.
Basically, is there a way to push out or force a calender to all users on campus?
ArcaneMagus
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ArcaneMagus »

Are you talking about forcing a calendar share on user accounts? To do that you would need to use Zmmailbox - Zimbra :: Wiki to add the share to your users account.
steve.beeman

Post by steve.beeman »

It looks like that would work, only if I could sent it to a distribution list so that EVERY user has it. We're trying to set a school wide calender and avoid the accept decline dialogue because everyone NEEDS to have this calender.
ArcaneMagus
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ArcaneMagus »

Yea probably the best way to do that would be to share the calendar with a distribution list and then use zmmailbox in a script to mount that to every user.
steve.beeman

Post by steve.beeman »

Now does that mean I have to literally enter every user in the command one at a time?
ArcaneMagus
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ArcaneMagus »

While you technically could do that, from the sounds of it that would take a few weeks...
I would write a script something along the lines of this:

#!/bin/bash

for USER in `zmprov -l gaa` do;

zmmailbox -z -m $USER cm --view appointment -F# /sharedcal share@domain.com /Calendar

done;

You might put in stuff like checks if the mount already exists or other things, but there is the basis for you.