Autocomplete broken 6.0.7

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
parixit
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by parixit »

Hello,
We have upgraded ZCS from 6.0.4 to 6.0.7 (and applied the patch for 6.0.7) and autocomplete appears to have been broken. Most of our users the autocomplete function does not work. It does not pull addresses from their address book (yet it still pulls from the GAL).
Thank you,
Parixit
parixit
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by parixit »

Anyone? irate users at the door step =(
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

ZCS 6.0.6 had major issues with address auto-complete, but these issues were addressed with a patch (6.0.6.1), and I'm assuming the fixes made it into 6.0.7/6.0.7.1 (I'm still running 6.0.6.1). Haven't seen previous mention of 6.0.7 auto-complete issues.
You say GAL auto-complete works OK, but address book auto-complete isn't working? Are these shared address books? Any other details about the issue that you can provide? I'm not sure I'll be able to help, but maybe it will trigger something that other users have seen.
parixit
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by parixit »

soxfan,
Thanks for the help. No they are not shared address books. Simply "Contacts" and "Emailed Contacts" Yes GAL auto-complete works OK. But if a user starts typing an email address that is in their contacts it does not auto-complete.
What is weird is some users have this bug and some do not. I can not for the life of me understand what is going on.
The users that have this bug are def. irate!
Is there any preferences that I should be looking at?
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

Can you find any similarities between the users that are having the problem? Like maybe the people with the problem use the "Always compose in new window" setting and others do not??
I'd also look at the Address Book settings under Preferences to see if you can find any common thread.
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

I would highly recommend reindexing the mailboxes of the impacted users (or all users). I know we had auto-complete issues in 6.0.5, but they were fixed (for us) in 6.0.6 and did not come back in 6.0.7.
I did reindex everyone while we were still on 6.0.5 though.
parixit
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by parixit »

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to reindex but with no results.
I have opened a ticket with zimbra support and it looks like there is a bug still with address auto-complete. Will post the outcome.
robertmcox

Post by robertmcox »

We also are experiencing this issue. We'll do some digging to see if we can find a common denominator between the users with the issue and those without...
parixit
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by parixit »

Robert,
To be honest I can't find a common denominator between our users. I think this is a real bug.
I wish a Zimbra employee would comment on this.
I'll keep everyone in the loop with my back and forth with Zimbra support.
parixit
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by parixit »

from zimbra support:

"I'm inclined to believe that the fix for the bug didn't make it in the patch."