Address auto-complete in ZCS 6.0.6

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

[QUOTE]Any word from Zimbra about a hotfix for this? My users (especially the higher up ones) are really getting frustrated with this. I really hope that waiting until late May for 6.0.7 isn't our only alternative.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you as far as how much frustration this is causing for my users. But honestly I'm not holding my breath for a hotfix. I can only remember a handful of them being issued since I've been using Zimbra. One was for a major security issues, and the rest were cases where you could add/modify a line or two of code, which I doubt is the case here. I'm just hoping that if we make enough noise the folks at Zimbra will get the point and push up the release of 6.0.7 or maybe do a 6.0.6a release. Seems a shame to have a perfectly good fix (hopefully) sitting around for a month or more.
I'm beginning to see a correlation between the problem and people who have larger personal contacts / emailed contacts folders. Anyone else seeing the same?
RyecoAaron
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by RyecoAaron »

I am seeing users with larger contact folders having more problems. The weird thing is it isn't consistent. Yesterday, there was one contact that would not show up when typing the first name but did with the last name. Today, it works with either name???
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

[quote user="RyecoAaron"]I am seeing users with larger contact folders having more problems. The weird thing is it isn't consistent. Yesterday, there was one contact that would not show up when typing the first name but did with the last name. Today, it works with either name???[/QUOTE]
I've seen that reducing the number of contacts for individuals mitigates the problem... somewhat. But not completely. For two of the most vocal users I exported their 'emailed contacts' list and deleted it. I'll reimport it back in once the fix (6.0.7, 6.0.6.1, whatever) is out.
It has not eliminated the problem, but did reduce its frequency.
bsaxon

Post by bsaxon »

I'm having this same issue! Auto Complete GAL is not working for some users. I can't find any specific causes.
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by selliott »

[quote user="RyecoAaron"]I am seeing users with larger contact folders having more problems. The weird thing is it isn't consistent. Yesterday, there was one contact that would not show up when typing the first name but did with the last name. Today, it works with either name???[/QUOTE]
I recently upgraded from 5.0.13 to 6.0.4 and have also seen this. Right now, I am getting a lot of flack from the higher-ups on how the address book and the GAL both behave. All prior upgrades have gone smoothly and uses have been happy. This time not so good, they may never let me run another upgrade.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

[QUOTE]I recently upgraded from 5.0.13 to 6.0.4 and have also seen this. Right now, I am getting a lot of flack from the higher-ups on how the address book and the GAL both behave. All prior upgrades have gone smoothly and uses have been happy. This time not so good, they may never let me run another upgrade.[/QUOTE]

If you're having GAL issues with 6.0.4 then definitely don't upgrade to 6.0.6. Major GAL/address-book auto-complete issues with 6.0.6. Hopefully will be fixed in 6.0.7. Doubt anything will be done with the issue concerning all contact groups showing up when you do GAL searching (your other post).
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by selliott »

[quote user="soxfan"]If you're having GAL issues with 6.0.4 then definitely don't upgrade to 6.0.6. Major GAL/address-book auto-complete issues with 6.0.6. Hopefully will be fixed in 6.0.7. Doubt anything will be done with the issue concerning all contact groups showing up when you do GAL searching (your other post).[/QUOTE]
I definately will not be upgrading to 6.0.6 then. I am trying to get everyone to vote on your RFE/bug 44979 (Bug 44979 – Option to Turn Off Auto-Complete Recursively Searching Contact Groups)

One can only hope....:)
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

The Auto-Complete Recursively Searching Contact Groups issue will be fixed in 6.0.7, as bugzilla 44509. You will need to run zmprov ma user@example.com zimbraPrefContactsDisableAutocompleteOnContactGroupMembers TRUE
I just asked in a bugzilla comment if that can be set on a class of service.
6.0.7 is getting a lot of autocomplete attention, with 5+ bugs on the list. Maybe they'll get it right.
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by selliott »

[quote user="Rich Graves"]The Auto-Complete Recursively Searching Contact Groups issue will be fixed in 6.0.7, as bugzilla 44509. You will need to run zmprov ma user@example.com zimbraPrefContactsDisableAutocompleteOnContactGroupMembers TRUE
I just asked in a bugzilla comment if that can be set on a class of service.
6.0.7 is getting a lot of autocomplete attention, with 5+ bugs on the list. Maybe they'll get it right.[/QUOTE]
Can I run the zmprov command on 6.0.4?
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

[QUOTE]Can I run the zmprov command on 6.0.4?[/QUOTE]

Just ran it on a test account under 6.0.6 and got:
ERROR: account.INVALID_ATTR_NAME (invalid attr name: [LDAP: error code 17 - zimbraPrefContactsDisableAutoCompleteOnContactGroupMembers: attribute type undefined])
I'll be happy if this change makes it into 6.0.7, but I really hope it can be set at the COS / Domain level. I've got a couple of hundred users and haven't gotten even one positive comment on this new "feature".