Address auto-complete in ZCS 6.0.6

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

[quote user="jmainwaring"]I need a patch ASAP on this issue, I can't wait until 6.0.7 for this to resolve otherwise I may be receiving an order from the top to begin looking for a new email solution.
Sounds a little ridiculous over auto complete, but before I assumed the role as Zimbra Admin our previous host ruined the perception of Zimbra in the eyes of my coworkers. Since I've taken over the duties I've worked to improve the environment as well as bending over backwards with PR to change those perceptions, but this issue is derailing my efforts.
Zimbra - I'm not trying to bad mouth you, but from an end user perspective, they consider the auto complete to be as critical as the functionality behind the send button. I don't believe it's a good practice to make people wait this long for post-upgrade-patching to resolve things that weren't identified during testing when it affects a frequently used functionality. It's equivalent of an office building having a broken front door and requiring you to use the back door for the next month. Sure, you have the same functionality, but the ease of use is completely shot considering that the parking lot and the back door are on opposite sides of the building.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much 100% agree with what you are saying, but I said it earlier and I'll say it again... Don't expect a patch. That is just not Zimbra's practice, and in this case it probably isn't even feasible because I think it affects several areas/programs. What we really need is for Zimbra to push up the release date of 6.0.7 (or put out an interim release - 6.0.6a or whatever you want to call it). Unfortunately it just doesn't seem to be sinking in to Zimbra how big of an issue this is. Your "parking" analogy is right on. When you look at the problem from afar it might seem like a minor inconvenience, but when you are actually dealing with the problem it is much more than that.... Sorry, that's my rant for the day on this issue.
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

Not that it solves this current issue but probably in the future patches will be available in between release cycles.
Bug 45264 – Build Patched WebClient

Bug 45265 – ZWC Patch Installer
jmainwaring

Post by jmainwaring »

[quote user="soxfan"]I pretty much 100% agree with what you are saying, but I said it earlier and I'll say it again... Don't expect a patch. That is just not Zimbra's practice, and in this case it probably isn't even feasible because I think it affects several areas/programs. What we really need is for Zimbra to push up the release date of 6.0.7 (or put out an interim release - 6.0.6a or whatever you want to call it). Unfortunately it just doesn't seem to be sinking in to Zimbra how big of an issue this is. Your "parking" analogy is right on. When you look at the problem from afar it might seem like a minor inconvenience, but when you are actually dealing with the problem it is much more than that.... Sorry, that's my rant for the day on this issue.[/QUOTE]
My ranting aside, i truthfully don't expect an early release, but none the less I did need to contribute my frustrations with the process in hopes that someone is listening enough to consider changes in the future.
Power in Numbers.
aletomi

Post by aletomi »

Good news!!! A new version-Patch is comming for tomorrow....
Advisory from Zimbra....
>>>>>>>>>>>
Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.0.6 Patch Advisory
Several issues have surfaced in ZCS 6.0.6 which may impact user experience and performance. This is an advisory that an updated version of the server is targeted for release this Friday, May 7th.
If you have not upgraded to ZCS 6.0.6:
* Please wait until the new binary is available before doing so

* Download location: Zimbra - Products: Network Edition Downloads
If you have already upgraded to ZCS 6.0.6:
* A patch to 6.0.6 will be issued in the Support Portal at the same time

* It can be applied without performing a full upgrade
jmainwaring

Post by jmainwaring »

[quote user="aletomi"]Good news!!! A new version-Patch is comming for tomorrow....
Advisory from Zimbra....
>>>>>>>>>>>
Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.0.6 Patch Advisory
Several issues have surfaced in ZCS 6.0.6 which may impact user experience and performance. This is an advisory that an updated version of the server is targeted for release this Friday, May 7th.
If you have not upgraded to ZCS 6.0.6:
* Please wait until the new binary is available before doing so

* Download location: Zimbra - Products: Network Edition Downloads
If you have already upgraded to ZCS 6.0.6:
* A patch to 6.0.6 will be issued in the Support Portal at the same time

* It can be applied without performing a full upgrade[/QUOTE]
AMAZING NEWS! Any word yet on what the patch will address?
aletomi

Post by aletomi »

Yes......
Issue Overview
There are several major issues:
Bug 44353: An iPhone will delete a series of recurring meetings from the attendee's calendar when the organizer cancels a single meeting instance
Bug 45886: Address autocomplete does not return full results
Bug 45677: Concurrent and continuous reading of a large number of messages by third party clients may lead to high server CPU utilization
Bug 45852: Messages or attached messages with an address of someone in your address book cannot be opened in a separate window
Release notes to be issued with the release will contain further information on these and any other related bug fixes.
jrefl5
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by jrefl5 »

Anybody know when the patch will be posted???
I just check the support site and the most current patch i see are dated April 27 and April 29.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

I know that the auto-complete bug was briefly re-opened and then closed again today. Perhaps that has caused a slight delay in the patch release.
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

When it is released, I'd encourage those who install it to come and share whether their users report the problem as fixed or not. I will want to put this on soon, but due to non-work things will be unable to do so this weekend.
jrefl5
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by jrefl5 »

I was looking to put it in this AM, Looks like it will be Monday before I get to it now.