Address auto-complete in ZCS 6.0.6

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

[quote user="gwjones"]To whom it may concern,
I was unable to get autocomplete from shared address books to work. I eventually found that there is a preference setting that needs to be set TRUE. This doesn't appear anywhere that I can find in the admin interface but can be set by the individual in their preferences under address book as "Include addresses in shared address books". It can be set with zmprov ma accountname zimbraPrefSharedAddrBookAutoCompleteEnabled TRUE which allows for scripting for large numbers of users. It may be that most admins already know this, but I haven't seen any reference to it so I thought I would post it here in case it could save someone some time and frustration.
Wendell
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is on our test box running 6.0.7.1 and not on our production 5.0.21 system.[/QUOTE]
I am running 6.0.7_GA_2473.RHEL5_64_20100616215237 FOSS edition, and that property is exposed in the Preferences in the Web Client
It appears under Preferences --> Address Book --> Autocomplete (section)
[ ] Include addresses in shared address books
If you cannot see it - perhaps your install did not complete properly.
gwjones

Post by gwjones »

Yes, as I said, I can see that setting in the individual's preferences, but there doesn't seem to be any way of setting it generally (either globally or COS) in the admin interface. The zmprov command line will at least allow admins to script the setting for large numbers of users, if necessary.
Wendell
dgamez
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dgamez »

Running "Release 7.0.0_GA_3077.RHEL5_64_20110127190222 RHEL5_64 NETWORK edition".
I'm having this issue too... Is there any fix yet?
...a Reindex of the account fixed the problem!
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

The individual issue here was with the 6.x series (especially 6.0.6 and earlier). If its happening again with the 7 series my first reaction is "oh god - not again" but my second reaction would be to start a new thread on it. Even if the symptoms are the same, the reason might not be.
Not to mention with the thread title being "Auto-complete in 6.0.6", you might not get others with the problem on the 7.x series responding.