[SOLVED] AD Users cannot login

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
acelmanaged

Post by acelmanaged »

[quote]you must have miss understood me.

i want you to write martinb@acel.co in zimbra administration in your account settings in field externat LDAP account to authentication (it is in Password section).

then try to login as user martin.ball (as i suppose it is your email address) with password from AD in WebMail[/quote]

My apologies, I already have martinb@acel.co in the LDAP Account for Authentication and martin.ball works on its own when I try to log in.
momohteks
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by momohteks »

I was recently faced to this kind of setup,
Either add an alias martinb@acel.co to your Zimbra user, or make sure "martin.ball@acel.co" is set in Active Directory as "Email Address" property for your user.
acelmanaged

Post by acelmanaged »

[quote user="momohteks"]I was recently faced to this kind of setup,

Either add an alias martinb@acel.co to your Zimbra user, or make sure "martin.ball@acel.co" is set in Active Directory as "Email Address" property for your user.[/quote]

That's got it! Funny how Zimbra seems to automatically append the email domain to whatever you type into that box - my train of thought would be to check if LDAP is selected to take whatever is typed in and do an LDAP search but hey! I'm no developer!

Thanks momohteks and zolty for your excellent advice :)