Zimbra 7.1 to 7.1 on a different server

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bluefox112

Post by bluefox112 »

Hi,
I'm currently upgrading servers, and am trying to migrate my Zimbra Network Edition to a new one.
I think it works fine, and I had it almost done. Accounts were ported over, emails, calendars, etc. The only thing is I didn't have my 50+ distribution lists, so I read I could use zmrestoreldap for this. I ran the command, and....
..well here's a snippet of zmcontrol start since then:
Host host.something.com

Starting ldap...Done.

Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.

Enabled services read from cache. Service list may be inaccurate.

Starting zmconfigd...Done.

Starting logger...Failed.

Starting logswatch...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: unable to lookup server by name: host.something.com message: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])

zimbra logger service is not enabled! failed.

Starting convertd...Done.

Starting mailbox...Done.

Starting memcached...Done.

Starting imapproxy...Done.

Starting antispam...Done.

Starting antivirus...Done.

Starting snmp...Done.

Starting spell...Done.

Starting mta...Done.

Starting stats...Done.
Things worked right before. What could be the issue? I did try setting a new ldap password using zmldappassword (although I wasn't clear on this process).
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="bluefox112"]I think it works fine, and I had it almost done. Accounts were ported over, emails, calendars, etc. The only thing is I didn't have my 50+ distribution lists, so I read I could use zmrestoreldap for this. I ran the command, and....[/QUOTE]Not a good idea if you're restoring this from another server (I assume that's what you're doing?). Where did you get the information about restoring LDAP to recover your distribution lists? Have you read some of the wiki articles on this subject?
[quote user="bluefox112"]Starting logswatch...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: unable to lookup server by name: host.something.com message: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])

zimbra logger service is not enabled! failed.[/QUOTE]
[quote user="bluefox112"]Things worked right before. What could be the issue? I did try setting a new ldap password using zmldappassword (although I wasn't clear on this process).[/QUOTE]If, as I mentioned above, you done this restore of ldap from another server then you've also imported the credentials from that server.
If all you're trying to do is get your distribution lists then there's several scripts in the forums that show you how to export and import a distribution list and it's members.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
bluefox112

Post by bluefox112 »

Yes I read the wiki; it's not obvious what is current and what's not.
Is there an easy way to "flush" everything and go back to a clean install, without deactivating the license that I just activated? (I think I have a max number of activations on it)?
thiagotgc

Post by thiagotgc »

Friend, please tell me which tutorial you are following, I want to migrate from

my current server to another 32bit 64bit.
Please, any help is welcome from anyone.
thank you
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="thiagotgc"]Friend, please tell me which tutorial you are following, I want to migrate from

my current server to another 32bit 64bit.[/QUOTE]Go to the wiki (link at the top of this page) and search for the certified article on moving from a 32bit to 64 bit server.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra