Out Of RPC Cache Error

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Thought it might be helpful to list in one place all the bugs I can find in bugzilla relating to this, two of which are already identified in earlier posts on this thread:
Bug 47267 – Out Of RPC cache

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=49837

Bug 51805 – Add troubleshooting code for RPC cache errors

Bug 55755 – Out of RPC Cache error in ZD
All of the bugs indicate the developers are keen to get additional information from users impacted by this, and explain how to capture that information via the ?dev=1 method.
At least two of the bugs are segregated by client; one for ZD and one for the web client. One bug seems to be for Helix exclusively. Regardless, if you can help the developers by capturing data using the ?dev=1 method, posting that information to the seemingly more relevant bug I expect would be helpful.
My experience has been that when Zimbra can't easily reproduce a bug, the more end users impacted by the bug who contribute to bugzilla, the faster the bug gets fixed.
Hope that helps,

Mark
fyd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by fyd »

Okay, I will look into those. Thanks, and you got a new pic :) nice!
6233maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by 6233maxxer »

it">http://your.zimbra.com/zimbra/?dev=1
it goes in dev mode, slower and with some debugging windows around
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by L. Mark Stone »

[quote user="fyd"]Okay, I will look into those. Thanks, and you got a new pic :) nice![/QUOTE]
Yup; After nearly five years I figured it was time for a new pic. No new gray hairs and I fortunately still have them all, so no complaints! :-)
Hope you sort out this problem!
All the best,

Mark
fyd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by fyd »

[quote user="LMStone"]Yup; After nearly five years I figured it was time for a new pic. No new gray hairs and I fortunately still have them all, so no complaints! :-)
Hope you sort out this problem!
All the best,

Mark[/QUOTE]
:) hehee great .. and Thank you.
@Maxxer thanks for that, I will see what that is.
mikronaut

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by mikronaut »

I get "Out of RPC Cache" error since I use Z-Push backend for syncing iphone devices with the zimbra accounts. The error only appears in one account, the other users can work smoothly but this user gets the error and its web session hangs and seems impossible to unlock. I run ZCS OS 6.0.10 under CentOS 5.5. Zpush and backend version does not matter, becaue the error has been there since the first install and I have updated oftenly. I think the problem is the big size of this user mailbox: +2500 contacts, +3.5GB in messages and 6 shared mail folders. Any suggestions??
6233maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by 6233maxxer »

[quote user="mikronaut"]I think the problem is the big size of this user mailbox: +2500 contacts, +3.5GB in messages and 6 shared mail folders. Any suggestions??[/QUOTE]
I believe that it doesn't matter the size of the mailbox, but instead zpush itself. It causes an huge increase of load on the server, which probably leads to Out of RPC Cache errors.
mikronaut

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by mikronaut »

Same config but much bigger deployment on another server with same Zimbra and OS version has been running with no issues for a year. I only get the Out of RPC cache error for this user. That server hosts only 8 mailboxes. Its a dell 2850 dual Xeon 3.4Ghz with 6GB RAM and SCSI RAID5. Fast enough for just 8 users. And as i said, other users can still work with no lag or errors.
I know that zpush increases the load critically, but the only difference I see is the size of the mailbox. Anyway... what does the error means exactly??
fyd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by fyd »

[quote user="mikronaut"] Anyway... what does the error means exactly??[/QUOTE]
Hi Mikronaut. The bug reports have some info on them. Did you check out the bugzilla links posted above by Mark and others? I don't have any definite explanation to it.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Out Of RPC Cache Error

Post by uxbod »

Hmm, one of our clients is starting to get this since we upgraded to ZCS7. Have to do some real digging tomorrow me thinks :(