Different mail queue ?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
systemali

Different mail queue ?

Post by systemali »

Hello,
I am running "Zimbra 7.1 open source" and have 600+ users, But since there is a lot of internal mail flow, my queue gets big and external mail delivery is delayed.
Is it any way possible to have a separate mail queue for a set of users or different department ?
Appreciate any assistance.
Thank you,
systemali

Different mail queue ?

Post by systemali »

Would appreciate if some one from the ADMIN's could suggest something ?
Thank you !!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Different mail queue ?

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="systemali"]Would appreciate if some one from the ADMIN's could suggest something ?[/QUOTE]The likely reason you have no reponse is because there's very little information in your post. There's no mention of your server hardware or specifications, nothing about RAM, nothing about what you've gathered to debug the problem, what the profile of your users usage of the server (IMAP, POP3, Web UI), what research you've done in these forums (or the internet) to try and answer your question or resolve the problem etc., etc. The simple answer to your question is no, you can't have separate queues, if you have a problem of mail delivery then the most likely answer is your server is not able to cope with the workload.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
systemali

Different mail queue ?

Post by systemali »

Bill,
Thank you very very much !!
The reason i did not specify the other details you have mentioned is because i only wanted to know if my query was possible !!
Since you have replied can also let me know, can we eliminate the mails going in Queue for mails destined within the domain.
If the above is achievable then it will resolve my complete problem.
Thank you !!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Different mail queue ?

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="systemali"]If the above is achievable then it will resolve my complete problem.[/QUOTE]I've no idea because you're not giving any useful information about the problem - nobody can tell what your problem is without the information so any reply would be just speculation.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
systemali

Different mail queue ?

Post by systemali »

Bill,
I got the requried details, and the same is as follows :-
It shows the number of domains running on this server, and i have also got you the "qshape" results under which my priority domain is listed. This is the domain i need mails for delivered directly to the users within priority.com without going to the queue.
Hardware details are as follows :-
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz

4 GB RAM

The current stats of the Zimbra server :-
qshape -s active | head
T 5 10 20 40 80 160 320 640 1280 1280+

TOTAL 406 182 113 6 0 1 0 2 14 4 84

priority.com 229 75 80 1 0 0 0 2 14 0 57

MAILER-DAEMON 133 99 29 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

somedomain.com 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9

localhost.localdomain 5 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

somedomain.com 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3

somedomain.com 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3

somedomain.com 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

somedomain.com 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
** NOTE :- since the stats of qshape are not visible in proper format, I have attached an txt file which shows the same.
Please review it.
Thank you once again for your attention.
qshape.txt
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Different mail queue ?

Post by phoenix »

That also doesn't tell me much other than you have a queue of email and the specs of your server, which seem reather low for +600 users. I gave you some other ideas in the previous post, you should look at them.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
systemali

Different mail queue ?

Post by systemali »

Phoenix,
I highly appreciate your assistance this far, Can you also chip in a bit on this query of mine ?
Since, i am using OSS version of Zimbra Ver.7, Can i add ADDITIONAL "fields / attributes" for "Existing and New user's" in the LDAP database, For example i need to add additional fields such as "Directors Or Department".
Is this possible ?, and if yes, how can do it ?
Thank you for all way !!
xuyanru

Different mail queue ?

Post by xuyanru »

I even don`t know what happended after viewing this issue from the head to end.