Zimbra opensource Hot backup and restore

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ymarinov

Post by ymarinov »

[quote user="rtoliveira"]Did you try to restore user preferences using ldif backups?[/QUOTE]
no, but once you restore the ldap config +database user/pass are created and all of their preferences, including all of distribution lists, aliases.
blason
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by blason »

[quote user="rtoliveira"]Dear bma,
these scripts worked fine until now! We are using it in backup and restore procedures successfully!

My environment: ~20000 accounts (mailbox size ranging between 1GB and 10GB) distributed along 6 mailbox servers.
[]'s
Rommel Oliveira[/QUOTE]
And I m pretty curious to know how did you restore the accounts. I am pretty confused on restoration part.
satlin

Post by satlin »

Dear Shashikant,

Can you send me the document as well.
Thanks in Advance
gusans

Re: Zimbra opensource Hot backup and restore

Post by gusans »

Hi, i just found this thread and have some questions.

I'm about to upgrade my zimbra open source from 8.6 to zimbra 8.7 (small installation, about 200 acounts and a single domain). I'm actually using another method for backups but it's very limited and want to try zmbkpose.
now I see there is a fork of this project on github. what fork are you using nowadays? is zmbkpose still working for zimbra 8.7? is there any plans to commit the 2nd fork changes to main fork?
I'd like to hear your comments on how are you using this backup.

thanks in advance.