Licensing question

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bluefox112

Licensing question

Post by bluefox112 »

Hi,
I am using the forums because Zimbra sales is not answering, and I have a soon-to-expire license. Does anyone know if the perpetual license of the starter edition (used to be called network edition) comes with upgrades? I know it doesn't come with support, but what about upgrades, minor and major?
Also, will I be able to run the same license code on two different servers during a migration period? (I am migrating to a higher capacity server)
Thanks. And if somebody from Zimbra is reading this, I can't say it's a great intro to your company to not be able to get a simple answer before extending my 1-year license.
jummo
Advanced member
Advanced member

Licensing question

Post by jummo »

[QUOTE]I am using the forums because Zimbra sales is not answering, and I have a soon-to-expire license. Does anyone know if the perpetual license of the starter edition (used to be called network edition) comes with upgrades? I know it doesn't come with support, but what about upgrades, minor and major?[/QUOTE]
We have bought a perpetual for the STANDARD & PRO version (more than 15 accounts). We pay a yearly support fee to Zimbra to get updates and support (If I remember correctly it's aprox. 15 % of the perpetual license price, but maybe more).
random2342

Licensing question

Post by random2342 »

[QUOTE] will I be able to run the same license code on two different servers during a migration period? (I am migrating to a higher capacity server)[/QUOTE]
Did you get an answer to this question? I'm searching for hours not finding any information.