Help in syncing mail accounts

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sbala_kumar

Post by sbala_kumar »

Hi,
Recently i migrated my mail server from squirrel mail to zimbra. I want to know how to sync only one account from my old server to new server.
I went through some steps in zimbra wiki but little bit confused with those steps since i am new to linux. So request you to give me a link with explanation also on how to sync.
Thanks,

Bala
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

i would use imapsync
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Post by lytledd »

The simplest thing to do, for just one account, would be to install thunderbird, setup both the old email account and new email account with IMAP and drag the folders/Emails from one account to the other.
Doug
sbala_kumar

Post by sbala_kumar »

Thanks for your help. I did use imapsync to sync the mails from my old server to new server.
Bibek

Post by Bibek »

I need to migrate various account's email from old imap server to zimbra. Basically, all propose to use imapsync. But, I have no idea on doing that process. Can anyone help or state be the steps to perform imapsync.
Thank you
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Bibek"]I need to migrate various account's email from old imap server to zimbra. Basically, all propose to use imapsync. But, I have no idea on doing that process. Can anyone help or state be the steps to perform imapsync.[/QUOTE]There are several articles in the wiki that describe the process and many forum threads (if you'd care to search). Try some of those steps and see how you get on.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Bibek

Post by Bibek »

Thanks. I am on it !!!