Autocomplete and wrong addresses

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
6233maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 6233maxxer »

Hi.
Sometimes I run into an issue with autocomplete, which means I type a name, but the associated email is owned by someone else.

I know I can press "Ignore" and make this address go away, but I'd like to understand the source of the problem, as if I rely on "name surname" to be right, I don't check also that the email address is related, I suppose it already is!
I guess this is related to autocompelte cache, but anyway I don't understand why it should link names to wrong emaila addresses.
I'm running 6.0.12_GA_2883.UBUNTU8_64.
Thanks
omegainstitute
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by omegainstitute »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am beginning to experience this with one of my users. Clicking on the "forget" link in the autocomplete does not always clear up the problem. Were you able to find the cause for the issue?
6233maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 6233maxxer »

sadly not... I never managed to get a real solution to that, always did some tests with flush cache and friends, but can't really recall if it solved or the user just got tired of complaining :)
omegainstitute
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by omegainstitute »

Thanks for the response. :)