cbpolicy quota module - working via Zimbra web client, not working with smtp emails

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
quanah
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

cbpolicy quota module - working via Zimbra web client, not working with smtp emails

Post by quanah »

actually, we have this set on smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions for 465/587... not sure why it isn't working.
--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect, Symas http://www.symas.com/
OpenLDAP Core team http://www.openldap.org/project/
bloom

Post by bloom »

Thank you for the reply.

However, when I did the change to master.cf.in, nothing works. Examining /var/log/zimbra I have found:
Sep 7 00:34:54 office postfix/smtpd[28569]: fatal: unexpected command-line argument: inet:localhost:10031

I double checked the entry and there is no mistake:

submission inet n - n - - smtpd

%%uncomment SERVICE:opendkim%% -o content_filter=scan:[%%zimbraLocalBindAddress%%]:10030

-o smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject

-o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=%%zimbraMtaSaslAuthEnable%%

-o smtpd_tls_security_level=%%zimbraMtaTlsSecurityLevel%%

-o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject

-o smtpd_data_restrictions=

-o smtpd_helo_restrictions=

-o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_policy_service inet:localhost:10031

-o smtpd_relay_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject

-o syslog_name=postfix/submission

-o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

Why is that so... ?
quanah
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by quanah »

I would try this instead, after having looked at it some:

cd /opt/zimbra/conf/zmconfigd

Edit smtpd_sender_restrictions.cf so that it looks like this

%%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled cbpolicyd^ check_policy_service inet:localhost:@@cbpolicyd_bind_port@@%%

%%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ check_sender_access regexp:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/tag_as_originating.re%%

%%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ permit_mynetworks%%

%%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ permit_sasl_authenticated%%

%%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ permit_tls_clientcerts%%

%%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ check_sender_access regexp:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/tag_as_foreign.re%%

Undo the changes to master.cf.in entirely.

zmcontrol stop;zmcontrol start

--Quanah
--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
bloom

Post by bloom »

Yes!

That did the trick I think!! I will do some more testing later, but my first tests seem to be successful !
Thank you !
With regards,

Piotr
bloom

Post by bloom »

[quote user="quanah"]I would try this instead, after having looked at it some:

cd /opt/zimbra/conf/zmconfigd

Edit smtpd_sender_restrictions.cf so that it looks like this

%%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled cbpolicyd^ check_policy_service inet:localhost:@@cbpolicyd_bind_port@@%%

CUT

--Quanah[/QUOTE]

I just want to thank you again. Now that works perfect.

It took me some time to learn that Sender:user@domain quotas are processed both for outgoing (587 submitted) and for incoming mail.

Once I learned how to create and use policy ONLY for outgoing mail (for example - defining internal domains and rate limiting based on SASLUsername) I am finally able to do what I have always been dreaming of.
Thanks again.

Is your bugfix scheduled for 8.0.5 version? And when is launch of 8.0.5 expected?
Regards,

Piotr
quanah
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by quanah »

It will be in ZCS 8.0.6. If you go to 8.0.5, you'll need to do this step over again.
--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
bloom

Post by bloom »

[quote user="quanah"]It will be in ZCS 8.0.6. If you go to 8.0.5, you'll need to do this step over again.[/QUOTE]
Hi.

I have noticed 8.0.6 is out. Has the issue been fixed? I cannot find it in Release Notes for 8.0.6.

I had to redo the step after upgrade to 8.0.5. It would be good to know if will be necessary after 8.0.6 upgrade. Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Piotr
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="bloom"]I have noticed 8.0.6 is out. Has the issue been fixed? I cannot find it in Release Notes for 8.0.6.[/QUOTE]Not every fix is listed in the Release Notes, why don't you check the bug mentioned in post #8?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
bloom

Post by bloom »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Not every fix is listed in the Release Notes, why don't you check the bu mentioned in post #8?[/QUOTE]
You're right. I should have checked that first.

Thanks.
Regards,

Piotr
minhhoang

Post by minhhoang »

[quote user="bloom"]I just want to thank you again. Now that works perfect.

It took me some time to learn that Sender:user@domain quotas are processed both for outgoing (587 submitted) and for incoming mail.

Once I learned how to create and use policy ONLY for outgoing mail (for example - defining internal domains and rate limiting based on SASLUsername) I am finally able to do what I have always been dreaming of.
Thanks again.

Is your bugfix scheduled for 8.0.5 version? And when is launch of 8.0.5 expected?
Regards,

Piotr[/QUOTE]
Dear bloom,
Could you please share your work? I wish I can control rate limit for outgoing mail basing on SASLusername too.
Best regards,

Minh.