Exporting Briefcases Only

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hi !
How can I export only the users Briefcases on a Zimbra 7 installation?

My best regards,
Fabio S. Schmidt
Best regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt
http://www.bktech.com.br
Brasília - Brazil
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

Hello,
This will export the user Briefcase... even you didn't tell what is your purpose..
zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com getRestURL '/Briefcase/?fmt=tgz' > /tmp/account_Briefcase.tgz
ccelis
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

Thanks for the answer ccelis5215, it helped a lot !
I just needed to export the Briefcases because all the signatures on this implementation are deployed with a file on the briefcase of the user.
My best regards,
Fabio S. Schmidt
Best regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt
http://www.bktech.com.br
Brasília - Brazil
jalexander@curohs.com

Post by jalexander@curohs.com »

[quote user="ccelis5215"]Hello,
This will export the user Briefcase... even you didn't tell what is your purpose..
zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com getRestURL '/Briefcase/?fmt=tgz' > /tmp/account_Briefcase.tgz
ccelis[/QUOTE]
If I wanted to export all of the briefcases from a Zimbra server, I could do it by specifying each user as follows...
zmmailbox -z -m account1@domain.com getRestURL '/Briefcase/?fmt=tgz' > /tmp/account1_Briefcase.tgz

zmmailbox -z -m account2@domain.com getRestURL '/Briefcase/?fmt=tgz' > /tmp/account2_Briefcase.tgz
In an environment where there are thousands of users, writing that script seems like it'll take a bit. Does anybody know if there is a better way? Trying to find a solution to get a thousand briefcases out of a Zimbra server that's being decommissioned. Users have all been migrated to an existing Exchange environment, just looking to grab the briefcase data.
Thanks for any insight you guys can offer!