Send/Receive button?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
abtech

Send/Receive button?

Post by abtech »

This may seem stupid, but is there a way to "push" a send/receive from the client (other than loggin out and back in again)? I use this feature pretty often rather than wait for some set timeout between server queries.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Send/Receive button?

Post by marcmac »

[quote user="abtech"]This may seem stupid, but is there a way to "push" a send/receive from the client (other than loggin out and back in again)? I use this feature pretty often rather than wait for some set timeout between server queries.[/QUOTE]
Sends happen when you hit the send button in the compose view. To update your message list in the client, just click on the inbox folder and it will be refreshed with the current view. (Or, indeed, type in ANY search).
abtech

Send/Receive button?

Post by abtech »

[quote user="marcmac"]Sends happen when you hit the send button in the compose view. To update your message list in the client, just click on the inbox folder and it will be refreshed with the current view. (Or, indeed, type in ANY search).[/QUOTE]
Thank you sir!
riegersteve
Advanced member
Advanced member

Send/Receive button?

Post by riegersteve »

i opened a request with zimbra, and they will be adding a send/receive button in the future.
abtech

Send/Receive button?

Post by abtech »

[quote user="riegersteve"]i opened a request with zimbra, and they will be adding a send/receive button in the future.[/QUOTE]
. . . even better. This is a bit more familiar for most users.
mbreaux75

Send/Receive button?

Post by mbreaux75 »

There really also needs to be a user configurable automatic Send/Receive option. It appears to already check for new mail automatically, but the interval is too long. This should be easily changeable by the user.
Is it currently possible to change this on the server side by editing a configuration file or a command-line tool?
8228cdamon
Advanced member
Advanced member

Send/Receive button?

Post by 8228cdamon »

[quote user="mbreaux75"]There really also needs to be a user configurable automatic Send/Receive option. It appears to already check for new mail automatically, but the interval is too long. This should be easily changeable by the user.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Soon I'll add a user preference for poll interval (with an admin-configured minimum).
[QUOTE]Is it currently possible to change this on the server side by editing a configuration file or a command-line tool?[/QUOTE]

It will also need to be added to the admin UI.
-Conrad