Full screen view

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
inzanix

Full screen view

Post by inzanix »

I am sure that I have overlooked some feature of Zimbra and I am looking forward to being corrected, but my problem appears to be this...
Using Zimbra 3.0.0_M3_381 I would like to be able to view a mail in a conversation in the entire right hand pane of the screen. i.e. without the lines for each other portion of the conversatiion appearing above. The simply use Next/Previous buttons to navigate through the thread. As it is when a conversation becomes lengthy the size of the viewing area becomes quite small.
This is so obvious that I am sure that there must be a way of doing this and that I am justnot seeing it. Can somebody point me to the solution please?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Full screen view

Post by 14319KevinH »

You can drag the sash (horizontal bar) between the conversation listing and the msg viewing pane up. This won't give you the full right side but enough to read most messages. Eventually we'll have keyboard nav and you can use the arrow keys to move between messages.
inzanix

Full screen view

Post by inzanix »

Thanks Kevin, but though placing my mouse over the 'sash' does produce the customary grab handles and I can pull the sash down, thus reducing my viewing space, I cannot pull it up beyond the point where 6 six headers are visible. This leaves only a small space beneath the mail header for text.
If you are considering enhancements to address this then I can wait. One thing you may consider is an option to remove/restore the conversation history. This would leave most of the right hand pane available for viewing.
Thanks
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Full screen view

Post by 14319KevinH »

BTW: What is your resolution set to? We are working on some help for those with 800x600, but for the most part that seems to be older machines or thin clients in remote offices.
Can you post a screen shot of your specfic problem? Is it a large to/cc header that is causing you to not have enough viewing area?
pshah
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Full screen view

Post by pshah »

There is a bug about not being able to move the sash all the way up:

Its">http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=763
Its not a high priority for us to fix right now but it may become one if we get a lot more complaints (especially users w/ lower screen resolutions, i.e 800x600).
pshah
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Full screen view

Post by pshah »

Also, when you're viewing a conversation, turn off the reading pane from the View menu (right below the Zimbra logo). Then you can double click on a message w/in that conversation to get the full view -- you can also then use the navigation buttons to walk the messages. Hope this helps for now.