GUI very slow

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
danielperez

GUI very slow

Post by danielperez »

Am I the only one who finds the GUI so slow? You click, nothing happens, you drag, the element doesn't follow, the hand-cursor shows up over elements that aren't clickable, you can't resize the left menu even if there's a resize handler...
I'm using IE 7 on WinXP. I tried Opera but Zimbra doesn't even accept Opera :confused:
Maybe Zimbra has too much stuff making it full of Javascript and slow? It reminds me RoundCube a little bit, both are slow and non-responsive. I wish they were both as fast as Gmail's interface.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

GUI very slow

Post by jholder »

Hi Daniel-

Sorry that the GUI is slow for you. We've been working around IE7's bugs to get Zimbra working well with IE.
Opera is not a supported. If there's more interest, we ask that users vote for the enhancement: Bug 5932 - Opera is not working
Also, please feel free to use the Standard/Lite HTML client.
Cheers,

john
danielperez

GUI very slow

Post by danielperez »

Thanks. Will do ;)
hchan

GUI very slow

Post by hchan »

Any new news on this front? I'm finding the sluggishness with Macintosh Web clients to be painful to use at times.
Thanks.
kirme3
Advanced member
Advanced member

GUI very slow

Post by kirme3 »

ZCS 5.0 has a bunch of changes to the advanced client that are supposed to take care of the sluggish issues people have had problems with. You should check out the beta. Of course, the beta may still be slower than final product because of additional debugging that might be turned on.
hchan

GUI very slow

Post by hchan »

My Macintosh users are getting killed with this (there seems to be a significant difference in speed between the Mac Firefox and Windows and Linux versions).
Where can I get a copy of the Zimbra 5 beta to start at least evaluating it if not put it into production with the usual disclaimers and precautions just to get my users back to a better place?
Thanks.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

GUI very slow

Post by phoenix »

For the OSS version you can get it via the Downloads page (it's Beta 3), the Network Edition won't be available until RC1.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
hchan

GUI very slow

Post by hchan »

Thanks for the pointer.
I noticed that RC1 was supposed to have been released on 9/24/07..... :-)
kirme3
Advanced member
Advanced member

GUI very slow

Post by kirme3 »

hchan, are those Macs PPC or Intel? I use a Mac all the time and haven't had any sluggishness that is really noticeable, besides login. I have an Intel Mini and Macbook at work, and a PPC Powerbook G4 at home using DSL. I also use Camino for about 90% of the time..and it does respond better than Firefox. But FF seems to work fine on both systems too.
Just curious.
hchan

GUI very slow

Post by hchan »

The one that I just looked at this past hour is a PPC laptop but I've seen the sluggishness in Intel Macs too.
In my hands, the Macs tend to be the slowest with Zimbra followed by Windows and the fastest being Linux versions of Firefox.
What is additionally frustrating here is that it's my first adopter/power users who are hurting the most. They want the same speed and throughput that they got with their POP3/IMAP desktop client software.