GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
folioguru
Advanced member
Advanced member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by folioguru »

Is there any more detailed documentation available anywhere which explains how to use the zmgsautil command? Could someone please provide a url?
Thanks!
-ron
dave_kempe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by dave_kempe »

does anyone know if galsync accounts count towards your license usage?
11416Vladimir
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by 11416Vladimir »

And is there a way to disable them completly?
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by Klug »

A way to disable what ?
11416Vladimir
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by 11416Vladimir »

Sorry, the galsync accounts and the whole galsync process. I'm playing with a 6.0 test install it seems to do mean things to our "external" ldap servers.
kinux

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by kinux »

How do you set "zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageToNewMembers" to "TRUE"?
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by mmorse »

Welcome to the forums,

su - zimbra

zmprov mdl list@domain.com zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageToNewMembers TRUEZmprov - Zimbra :: Wiki

(You can also easily set it in the admin console.)
kinux

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by kinux »

Thanks for the quick reply mmorse. I did have to alter the command a little by including my list name, eg:

su - zimbra

zmprov mdl zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageToNewMembers TRUE

But it worked out great since you also included that link to the wiki explaining what I was doing wrong. My next problem involves automatic contact sharing. Basically, I want every user to have a certain group of contacts that the galsync account is sharing out to the company wide distribution list. With the 'zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageToNewMembers' set to 'TRUE', new members automatically receive an invitation to use the contacts, but I would like to take that one step further so newly created users don't even have to hit the 'accept' button: as soon as there accounts are created, they immediately have access to the shared contacts. I ran across an older thread (forgot the url) for doing something like this with shared calendars, but I can't seem to find anything like this for contacts. I realize they're might not be a simple, GUI based answer, but any help or pointers-in-the-right direction would be extremely helpful (and appreciated!).