User Sees mail Count in Draft Folder , But No Messages

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
8134Himanshu
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 8134Himanshu »

A User Can see Count of Draft messages in the Draft Folder . But No messages in the same. All Messages saved as Draft are reported as saved and Count Increases , But No Messages can be seen in the folder. This is Zimbra OpenSource Version 8 on CentOS 6.3 X64
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

If the user connects to the account using a fat client 9such as thunderbird) then get them to expunge the folders when they close TB. Are you actually saying that the user sees no messages in the Drafts folder even when they're creating a new message via the Web UI?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
8134Himanshu
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 8134Himanshu »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]If the user connects to the account using a fat client 9such as thunderbird) then get them to expunge the folders when they close TB. Are you actually saying that the user sees no messages in the Drafts folder even when they're creating a new message via the Web UI?[/QUOTE]
User Does not Use Any Fat Client. This behavior is with Web UI.
8134Himanshu
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 8134Himanshu »

There is an Additional Option for Retention for Draft Folder. Anything to do with that ?
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

Not sure if this relates to your issue or not, but I have seen cases where a "phantom" message appears in the Drafts folder; ie Drafts folder shows 1 unread message in the folder list, but Drafts folder itself is empty. What I usually do in this case is start composing a new message, save it as a draft, close out of the message, then go back to the drafts folder and open it. Don't think I've ever run into a case where this has not fixed the problem. It doesn't happen very often, and it's not easily reproducible, so I've never had enough to open a bug report.
Jordack

Post by Jordack »

I had this issue on most of my accounts when I migrated from GroupWise.
Run
zmprov rmc {emailaddress}

zmprov fc -a {emailaddress}
ds2733

Post by ds2733 »

I have the same issue with the Web UI. This has happened twice in the last month. Both times I tried to save a draft, and it was gone, but the draft count increased by one. So now I have drafts(2) listed, but no underlying drafts. Want to get the number to zero and would love to know why my drafts were lost.