Modifying the email response of a meeting invitation related to a resource

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
thomas.jones

Post by thomas.jones »

Hi everyone,
In our company we use Zimbra 7.1.4_GA_2555 (build 20120105094627) and I want to know how we can change the email response that comes with a meeting invitation. Here's a regular example:
Room 1408 has been scheduled for your appointment.
-----Original Invite-----
The following is a new meeting request:
Subject: Sales Review

Organizer: "Thomas Jones"

Resources: room_1408@mycompany.com

Time: Thursday, September 30, 2013, 8:30:00 AM - 10:00:00 AM GMT -05:00 New York

Invitees: jane_doe@mycompany.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Hello everybody, this is an invitation for our weekely meeting...
Now, what I want, is to find a way in the administration of Zimbra that allows me to change the previous email response for something with more information (this information will always be the same, that's why I want to modify the email response). The meeting invitation that I want would be like:
Room 1408 has been scheduled for your appointment.
-----Original Invite-----
The following is a new meeting request:
Subject: Sales Review

Organizer: "Thomas Jones"

Resources: room_1408@mycompany.com

Time: Thursday, September 30, 2013, 8:30:00 AM - 10:00:00 AM GMT -05:00 New York

Invitees: jane_doe@mycompany.com
The credentials for the session for this meeting are:
username: myuser1243

password: 9873shfsdf
If you can't be at the office, you can attend to the meeting through our webex session:
url: mycompany.webex.com?iusdfsdfsdf=23423434

meeting number: 349834
(more information about access and availiablity)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I know that the meeting number of a webex session changes everytime, but bare with me, the idea is to add information that always will be needed with the resource I'm scheduling.
Do you know how can I do this?
Thanks for the help.
Best,
Thomas.
918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 918jjohnson »

[quote user="thomas.jones"]Hi everyone,
I know that the meeting number of a webex session changes everytime, but bare with me, the idea is to add information that always will be needed with the resource I'm scheduling.
Do you know how can I do this?[/QUOTE]
The subject says something about the response being related to the resource, but your example shows the changes in the original invitation sent to the attendees and not in the response from the resource. Given that the change you want to make is to include WebEx info, it would seem that use of the WebEx zimlet would be the best way to manage this.
thomas.jones

Post by thomas.jones »

[quote user="918jjohnson"]The subject says something about the response being related to the resource, but your example shows the changes in the original invitation sent to the attendees and not in the response from the resource. Given that the change you want to make is to include WebEx info, it would seem that use of the WebEx zimlet would be the best way to manage this.[/QUOTE]
Thank you jjohnson for your reply. You're right, I didn't make myself clear. Webex was an example, but any other information related to invitations can be used as well. To summarize what I want:
1) Create a new resource.
2) Modify the email response of the resource. (examples of things that can be included in the email: credentials, Webex, GoToMeeting, URLs where the attendees can review material before the meeting, etc. All of this information will always be the same, that's why I want to modify the response email related to the resource)
I want an unattended system: Anyone in my company can book the resource and within the response email, he/she can have all the necessary information.
Bottom line: How can I modify the response email of a resource in order to include more information?
Thanks,
Thomas.
918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 918jjohnson »

[quote user="thomas.jones"]Bottom line: How can I modify the response email of a resource in order to include more information?[/QUOTE]
While I'm not an expert on the server response messages, I have looked at them before in the source. AFAIK they're hard coded in the back end and aren't configurable via template or admin setting. It *may* be possible to create a server extension that does what you're looking for, but I'm not aware of the existence of one or anyone planning to build such a thing.
My best advice for your situation is to look for another means of including the information in the original outgoing invite rather than the resource response messages.
thomas.jones

Post by thomas.jones »

[quote user="918jjohnson"]While I'm not an expert on the server response messages, I have looked at them before in the source. AFAIK they're hard coded in the back end and aren't configurable via template or admin setting. It *may* be possible to create a server extension that does what you're looking for, but I'm not aware of the existence of one or anyone planning to build such a thing.
My best advice for your situation is to look for another means of including the information in the original outgoing invite rather than the resource response messages.[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much jjohnson. Will do. Best