Cannot connect to Zimbra after installation

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Frank,
Can you check /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out see if this reports any errors.
rubella

Post by rubella »

Well Frank, you're not alone... i have the same problem. Mailbox is not starting, not possible to connect to the webinterface... but i'm sure we'll find the solution. At this moment, i'm running everything (FC3) in vmware with 512MB RAM, but i'll move it to a server with 2GB of RAM... if you find something, let us know... if i find something... idem. ;-) succes and thx for support!
abtech

Post by abtech »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Frank,
Can you check /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out see if this reports any errors.[/QUOTE]
When I first checked, it was 0 bytes, but after restarting Zimbra, I see several occurances of the following:
Sep 19, 2005 8:04:22 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

SEVERE: Catalina.start:

LifecycleException: Protocol handler start failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use:7071

at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:992)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:459)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:683)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:537)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)

Sep 19, 2005 8:04:22 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

abtech

Post by abtech »

Found the cause of that problem (Apache was started prior to Zimbra). Now I am getting an authentication failure when logging in as admin@mailhost.domain.net. Maybe I mistyped the password during the install. I'll uninstall and retry it.
Thanks for pointing me to the Catalina log!
abtech

Post by abtech »

OK, brainlock . . . During the last installation I didn't think it made sense to name the domain the same name as the mailhost, so I just made it a top level domain (domainname.net instead of mail.domainname.net). Obviously, I was attempting to login with the wrong credentials (admin@mail.domainname.net instead of admin@domainname.net). Oh well, I needed something to keep me busy, so I'm once again mid installation . . .
almost forgot. I edited the install.sh file to lower the values prior to rerunning tha last install and now the mailbox service is starting . . .
Dijital

Post by Dijital »

[quote user="rubella"]Well Frank, you're not alone... i have the same problem. Mailbox is not starting, not possible to connect to the webinterface... but i'm sure we'll find the solution. At this moment, i'm running everything (FC3) in vmware with 512MB RAM, but i'll move it to a server with 2GB of RAM... if you find something, let us know... if i find something... idem. ;-) succes and thx for support![/QUOTE]

That sounds like the exact same problem I am having.